Chapter 46 - Making Up

I walked into the school on a mission to get Aubrey to forgive me. I was tired of fighting with her and I was tired of having a split friend group — never knowing who I was going to sit with at lunch.

But, the first person I run into is Ezra.

"Hey, Jodee." He says as we fall into step beside each other. "I've missed you at school." Ezra pouts, sticking his lip out.

I had to miss a couple of days due to the trial and all of the stuff that has been going on with my family so naturally, my friends had questions because the days were so weird it was obvious I wasn't sick. So I've just said that there's some family stuff going on because I really don't want to elaborate into many more details than that.

Due to the circumstances of my family and home life, my friends don't normally ask too many questions when I say it's a family situation because they know that they don't understand and I'm not willing to talk to much about it. 

I laughed. "I'll be back for now." — if nothing else goes wrong, fingers crossed — "But I'm looking for Aubrey. Do you know where she is?"

"Aubrey? I thought you two still weren't talking?" Ezra questioned.

"Yeah, that's why I need to talk to her — to fix that." I explained. "Plus, it's almost winter break so I need to make sure we make up before then."

I did not want to go on a whole two week vacation where I probably wouldn't see my friend, seeing as her family always travels, and knowing that she won't respond to any of my text messages. That will just ruin my winter season and I can't have that because Christmas is my favorite holiday. 

My favorite holiday may be Christmas, but I also just love winter and Christmas break as a whole. I love the whole vibe and hot chocolate and all of those things, but I also love spending quality time with Caleb and Ace because they usually take a lot of time off of work at this time. 

And, of course, the presents!

"Alright, alright," He put his hands up in mock surrender, understanding how serious I really am about this situtation. "I know she hangs out with Abigail Mintons group before school."

I stopped and turned to him. "Location, Ez. I have no clue where they hang out."

"It's kinda girl thing—"

"But you know where!" I argued back.

Ezra is pretty popular with him playing soccer and being really good at it and everything that he is in the know about everything. Ezra knows everyone and all of the drama. Part of that is due to his popularity and part of that is due to him just liking to know everything, kinda like how he is so good with names. Ezra just always learns the best scoop, don't ask me how. 

My friend sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Normally, near the football field. Just in case the guys have morning practice."

"Great. See ya later." I said and turned to go, when I felt his hand grab my arm, pulling me back so we were face to face.

"Wait. You're going like ... now?" Ezra clarified and unknown emotion circling his eyes. 

"Yeah, before class." I said, what was Ezra thinking? Of course I was going now. 

"Oh." He trailed off slightly, his smile dipping before he quickly regained it. Weird. "Okay, bye then." Ezra finally said, taking a step back.

"Bye." I said shortly, turning and starting to run towards the football field.

I had a very limited time window to get Aubrey to speak to me, apologize, get her to forgive me, and then get all the way back to my class (which is all the way across the school).