Chapter 21 - Scuffles

I rushed out of the dance, taking a deep breath in.

First off I was tired because I just danced for a long time. But I also had loads of butterflies in my stomach after talking with Hunter so much. I didn't know him that well so it always made me a little nervous to talk to him or be around him because I really liked him. But Hunter made it seem easy, so natural. I just wish I could be as calm as him.

He does make me more relaxed which helps a ton. And I was extremely happy I got to know him better. Usually I don't tell people about my brother or home situation until I absolutely have to or I feel like we've gotten pretty close. But with my date to the winter dance, it just kinda rushed out of my mouth.

The question was a little pointed though. Well, I guess that was my fault because I slipped up and said, I live with him. Which does point to the suggestion that my parents aren't around, which of course Hunter picked up on.

I didn't have to tell him about Ace, but when it asked about my siblings it felt wrong almost to not say something regarding Caleb. I could have just said that I had two brothers, but technically that's lying and I don't want to get caught up in a lie when I just met Hunter. And there is a difference between Caleb and Ace in my eyes. They're both my brothers one hundred percent. But something about Ace being my biological brother and my legal guardian and going through all the shit with my dad and me just made him different. I don't really know how to explain my true feelings when it comes to my brother and honorary brother.

Caleb – i'm parked where i dropped u off

I looked at Caleb's message one more time and scanned the parking lot with my eyes before I zeroed in on the car I knew to be Caleb.

It was always hard to pinpoint my brother's cars because they had so many! I was never sure which one they came in and sometimes I didn't even know in the first place one of them owned that car.

Caleb also had this thing where he really liked renting cars and driving them around for a couple days or weeks and then if he liked it he would actually buy the car. If I had to pick Caleb's main hobbies or interests, it would be; sports, technology, and cars. All of the things that are expensive I might add.

I don't make a habit of going into my brother's best friends room a lot because our rooms are kinda "off-limits" I guess. My brothers just always said that someone's room is private so we really didn't go into each other's rooms that much. I rarely ever go into my brother's room, it's kinda like the third floor, I will only ever go in there if I really need him and never alone. I would only go into Caleb's room if he was in there and I wanted to talk to him or I needed him for something. And I probably wouldn't go in his room if he wasn't there ... unless I wanted to steal his clothes, but that's beside the point.

That being said, for the times that I have been in Cal's room, it's filled with expensive technology and posters about cars or sports teams. He even has this whole signed football or basketball or something in a glass case ... I wasn't even sure. It was a little annoying to me that i wasn't allowed in their rooms without them but they came into my room all of the time. Though, I know that they don't just go into my room when I'm not there for no reason, it's still annoying.

"Hey," I breathed, opening the door and plopping into the front seat, out of breath.

"Damn, girl, you look tired," Caleb whistled. "Did you have fun?" He started the engine and drove off, keeping both hands on the steering wheel but looking at me for a response.

"Yes! It was so much fun!" I gushed.

"I'm glad," He smiled. "How was that kid ... Harrison? Hudson? What was it again?"