Chapter 43 - Celebrations

"Table for three." Caleb told the hostess as we walked into Casa Nostra.

"Right this way, Mr. Warner." The lady said, grabbing a book and heading into the restaurant.

Yeah, we go here a lot...

It is such a popular place as well that Caleb and Ace will sometimes book reservations with their names, hence the reason the hostess knows Caleb's name.

I think that's the reason, at least.

"Your waiter will be over shortly, but here are the menus for you to look at." The lady said, winking at Caleb before turning and leaving.

I slid into one side of the booth first with Ace next to me and Caleb across, on the other bench. Caleb immediately lifted the menu to cover his face, pretending that he was looking through something to avoid eye contact with my brother or I.

"Her?" Ace asked Caleb, gruffly.

I furrowed my eyebrows, fixing Ace with a confused look before my gaze shifted over to Caleb who had finally put his menu down. What was going on here?

"What?" My brother's best friend shrugged, a smirk playing on his lips. "She's got nice tits."

Oh. That's how she knew his name.

"Eww Caleb!" I immediately exclaimed, reaching up to cover my ears with my hands and squeeze my eyes shut, like I saw Caleb and the hostess having sex right now, at the same time Ace put his hands over my ears.

"Not in front of Jodee." Ace whispered, violently, to his friend but a small smile was on his lips as he sipped his water: "Nice." 

"Gross! You guys are so gross!" I declared, hitting Ace on the shoulder and causing him to choke on his water when he smiled and laughed slightly at this new information about Caleb.

"Don't hit." Ace reprimanded me, turning to pierce me with his bright blue eyes in a 'dad glare'

"Sorry." I mumbled, taking a sip of my water as my cheeks heated up so I wouldn't have to face either of my brothers.

"You want the prime rib, right Ace?" Caleb switched the subject — Ace nodded swiftly. "What drink?" He asked and my brother responded with some beer name that I didn't know.

Due to Ace's selective mutism, Caleb and I have to order for him at restaurants, put our names down, talk to the hostess, and other things like that because Ace just won't speak in those types of situations. If we're all out together Caleb does it because he's older than me and therefore more responsible — and I'm shy...

But when it does come down to it when it's just Ace and I, alone, I will find the courage within me to speak up and help my brother. I just hate it when he wants a super complicated order or drink because then if I get it wrong or the waiter doesn't understand it's a huge hassle. Especially when I had some speech problems when I was younger, people wouldn't understand what I meant, and they would look to Ace to explain, but of course, he couldn't. So it just left everyone super confused and frustrated. That's one of the reasons I tried so hard to fix my speech.

"My name is Angelica and I'll be your server today," A woman in her mid thirties came up to our table. "What can I get started for you today? Appetizers? Drinks?"

"I think we're ready to order now, as well. Right, guys?"

Caleb directs the last part of his question at me because he already knows what Ace and him are going to get, but he doesn't know what I want.

I nod my head as an answer. "Yeah, I'm ready."

"Great!" The server responds. "For you, sir?"

"We'll have garlic bread and onion rings for the table. I'll have the margarita pizza. And he'll have—" Caleb jerked his head towards Ace. "The prime rib, medium rare. Two IPA's as well."