Chapter 10 - Please?

I woke up a little early this morning so I can hop in the shower and get ready and things a little earlier because there was something ... different I wanted to do today.

I got out of the shower and went over to my closet to decide on clothes.

The first item I knew I wanted to wear was some jeans. But these ones weren't baggy like I normally wear, they were normal bagginess I guess and even a little tight.

Then I thought about my shirt.

I didn't want to wear my usual oversized ones so I riffled through my closet to find something that I wanted to wear today. I thought about wearing a multi-colored sweater that I really like but it was too much like ... like what I used to wear. So I threw it haphazardly on my bed before seeing another item of clothing.

There was a fitted light purple shirt with lots of stitches in it – I think it's called a ribbed shirt? And it had small white buttons going down the middle.

This will work.

Next I grabbed my shoes. Not my normal baby blue high top converse ones, but these platform high top pink converse that Caleb had gotten me for Christmas last year but I was too worried to wear.

They were a super bright color of pink so that would make me unwantedly stand out. And everyone that was popular or "cute" at my school wore these types of converse so I was too scared to get made fun of if I wore them to school.

Today was different though. Today I wanted to be different, I didn't want to be me today.

You look nothing like your brother.

Zane's words stuck in my head as they kept on going towards the front of my memory, making me hear them and listen over and over and over again.

STOP!

I yelled in my head – anything to make this stop. To make his words stop.

I shook my head before heading towards the bathroom and looking at myself in the mirror. I took a deep breath before frowning.

You have curly hair. Zane said as his face appeared in my head, sneering.

I had curly hair.

I shook my head reaching inside my drawer for something Jess had left here when her, me, and Aubrey had done makeovers at my house. It was a flat iron. I had told Jess many times that she should have it back and that I didn't want nor need it but Jess said that I could keep it because she got a new one before she realized that it had been left at my house. I didn't throw it away even though I never used it and now I am grateful for that.

I went to work straightening every little part of my hair which was considerably hard seeing as I had never really done this but after a long time it finally looked straight. Glad I woke up early!

I brushed out my hair for the last time as I smiled at myself in the mirror. I was ready.

I made my way downstairs and didn't bump into my brother or my brother's friend just yet, which I was glad for because I wasn't ready to see them yet.

Then I got out a bowl of cereal and started to eat while staring into the kitchen, lost in thought. Today I didn't really want to scroll through my phone or listen to music so I just sat in silence, my mind blank, eating my circle.

"Hey Jo," I heard a deep voice come from behind me and knew it was Caleb when he came over and placed a kiss on the top of my head before going around the counter to be on the other side and look at me.