Chapter 8 - Bullies

I put my math textbook back into my locker with a sigh because of how hard today's lesson was. I did so poorly on the last test that I had to speak to my teacher after class today which is why it was so far into lunch already and I wasn't sitting with my friends yet.

I really don't want to tell Ace about my test.

My brother doesn't usually make too much of a fuss about my grades because I generally get really good grades and school is a priority for me so it's not like I'm going to slack off. But, he does get a little disappointed whenever I don't do good and Ace is usually nicer if I come to him first, rather than him finding out and having to confront me.

It was already about half way through lunch and I was putting my stuff into my locker before going to the cafeteria where I knew my friends would be. Ezra had texted me earlier that they already got lunch for me so I should just come straight to our table when I was done at my locker which I really appreciated.

No one was in the locker hallway with me so I was very surprised when my locker was forcefully shut.

I jumped back with a yelp, drawing my hands away from inside the locker so it didn't crush my fingers.

My eyes scanned around the locker immediately, trying to see what had made it shut so suddenly. What it was made my eyes widen even wider.

Right next to my locker with a hand on it, from shutting it was a boy. I didn't recognize him from around school but he looked to be about sixteen or seventeen so he was probably an upperclassman. Around this boy were three others, two of whom looked about the same age, but the last one looked a little younger than them, possibly in my same grade but he could also be a little older than me.

The main boy had a smirk on his face as he looked at me. He had curly brown hair and deep blue eyes with his jaw line cutting so crisp I thought it could be as sharp as a knife.

The second kid had messy straight blonde hair, looking like it hadn't been comed in a while and the third one had light brown hair and brown eyes with about a three inch scar running along his cheek.

What happened to him?

By this time I was insanely confused and quite frankly, pretty scared because all of these boys looked very menacing and scary and I had no chance to defend myself against them.

The last and younger boy is the one who caught my attention though. He had bright blue eyes accompanied with dirty blond hair that fell into his eyes, though I assumed that was on purpose. This boy shied away from my glance and separated himself a little from his friends as if he didn't want to do what they were doing.

What were they doing?

A deep voice brought myself from my thoughts.

"You're Jodee Chambers," The head boy with the curly brown hair said.

It seemed like it would be a question, something you were asking me. But the way he said it with his smirk growing made the words turn into a statement.

He knew who I was?

How?

Why?

"Y-yeah," I studered, reaching up to tuck some hair behind my ear that had fallen into my eyes.

"Humm," The boy smirked. "You have curly hair." He observed.

W-what?

I was so confused on what these boys were doing or what they wanted. And right now I was getting a little scared about their intentions.