Chapter 4

🕸️CHAPTER 4🕸️

•🕸️Third Person's POV🕸️•

A few days later, at the airport, Fred was walking looking around the airport, he hasn't taken notice of a very old friend walking right next to him, looking at her plane ticket. She looked up, looking next to her noticing a familiar face.

"Fred?"

"Velma?"

They were shocked to see each other again.  "Are you going this way?" he asks her, Velma only nodding her head, looking away. "How have you..." Velma felt kind of awkward, she had no idea what to say. "...been?" Fred guessed what she was trying to ask.

"Yeah." Velma mutters

"Great! Great, I'm on the lecture circuit with my new book." he told the girl reaching into his backpack, taking out a book.

"Fred on Fred: the many faces of me."

"Jinkies. That's impressive." she says a bit surprised. "And yourself?" he asks her curiously. "I've been working at NASA, developing hydro-powered missile defense systems, but more importantly, I'm on a journey of self-discovery." Velma told him proudly. Fred looked at her really impressed. "NASA, huh?" he asks, still shocked.

"Charter service to Spooky Island will begin boarding momentarily."

They looked at each other, no idea what to say to each other, "What do you mean I can't have seven carry on bags? That is so economy." Velma and Fred's head snapped into the direction.

"Crap!" Velma says as they spot another familiar face. Daphne turns around to see the two already looking at her. "Oh no. I'm not talking to you guys!" Daphne states turning her back on them. Velma was shocked seeing her here as well, Fred was obviously checking the woman out with a smirk on his face, but his heart was telling him what he was doing right now is wrong.

Daphne turned back to them walking closer to them. "What are you doing here?" she asks not that happy to see them.

"Isn't it obvious? We all received the same letter from one, Emile Mandavarious, the reclusive owner of Spooky Island." Velma told the other woman. Fred's mind froze for a moment, with the thought of seeing Annika Martin again.

Daphne was quick to speak up. "Unfair! I was going to solve the mystery all by myself for the first time ever." Daphne seemed very confident in her ability to do so.

"How are you going to save yourself when you get caught?" Fred asks knowing that's what always happens. "I'm a black belt. I've transformed my body into a dangerous weapon." The only response she got was the other two, who started laughing. "It's true." she stubbornly says.

"Far out. I guess we're, like, all going to Spooky Island, man." Shaggy spoke up joining the group. "Hey, where's Scooby?" Velma questions not seeing the familiar dog anywhere. "They don't allow big dogs on the plane." Shaggy tells them pointing into the opposite direction.

The gang turned only seeing Scooby dressed in a dress, heels and a big hat on his head. They could only stare in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding." Velma mumbles.

"No one is stupid enough to believe that!" Daphne made a valid point, but was proven wrong when Fred leaned to Shaggy, "Who's the ugly old broad?" he asks, having no idea it's actually Scooby. Scooby got closer, giving Fred a big kiss on his cheek. "Say hello to grandma." Shaggy says with a smile.

"Flight 3774 to Spooky Island, now boarding."

The five looked at each other, wondering what they should do. "Listen, I wouldn't have agreed to come if I knew." Velma spoke up first. Shaggy quickly tried to make them see the bright side of things. "Wait, just think about it for one minute. Mystery Inc reunites. We'll be a team again, just like the good old days. So come on gang, let's do that thing where we put our hands in lift them up and we go..." And he lifts his hand up in the air.

"Shaggy, not all of us are even here, doesn't make it much of a team." Velma says, remembering Annika still hasn't shown up. "What are you talking about?" he asks her confused "Annika isn't here." Daphne says staring at the goofball.

"She is here!" Scooby informed the group pointing behind Daphne and Velma. Everyone turned around to see her standing against the desk with a smile, looking straight at them. "How long has she been standing there?" Daphne mumbles in question.

"I have been here for a while actually, Shaggy what took you so long?" Annika asks him.

"Was struggling to get Scoob dressed." he told her with an apologetic look. "Wait so you guys have been in touch the last two years?" Fred asks looking at the two a little sadden by this.

"Like, sure!" Shaggy says to him. Shaggy looked at everyone, "So what do you guys say... Whoo-hoo?" he asks them once again. "Only if Fred, Velma and Annika do it." Daphne agreed knowing the others won't do it. "People are watching Shags." Fred spoke up, looking at Annika, before he walked away, Velma and Daphne following him.

"Whoo-hoo?"

"Whoo-hoo!" Annika gave the two side hugs hoping it will make them feel a little better. "Yeah. Whoo-hoo! Come on!" Shaggy says, they have to board the plane before the plane decides to leave without them.

🕸️•🕸️•🕸️

•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

I feel like the rest of the gang planned this somehow, because I ended up sitting next to Fred, I had so much to tell him, too many questions I wanted answers too, but I choose to stay quiet.

"So how have things been with you?" Fred speaks up, asking, looking straight at me. I look up back at him, and I could literally stare into those eyes forever. "I've been fantastic, done a lot of traveling." I say, playing with my fingers out of nervousness. "To all different kind of Islands?" Fred asks, making me look at him in suprise

"Yes."

I was surprised that he even remember that I mentioned it all those years ago, "What about you?" I asks him actually curious about how he has been doing. "It's been great actually, just missed seeing your face everyday." Fred states casually, my face was heating up, there was no way he actually meant to say that, I stared at him stunned, waiting for the joke.

Scoob suddenly slides in on the empty seat next to Fred.

"Hello."

I felt greatful for Scoob's appearance, because I had no idea how to look at Fred at the moment. Scoob smelled around untill he saw the cat on the seat across from them, he looked around to see if anyone is looking at him and starts to bark.

"Grandma?" I asks looking at the dog in question. "Anni, it's simple behaviour modification to cause a dog to discontinue any action, you only flick it on the nose. Observe." Fred says to me turning to Scooby, he taps him on the shoulder Scooby looks at who tapped him, only getting flicked on the nose by Fred.

"See." before Fred could calculate what was happening, Scooby punched him in the face.

"OMG! Are you okay?" I asks grabbing his face in my hands. As I  was inspecting his handsome face, he stared into my eyes, I loved the feeling of his skin under my finger tips.

"Your okay atleast no bleeding or bruised nose, so your handsome face didn't get any damage," I say giving him a small smile, getting a grin in return, looking away hoping my heart will stop beating so fast.

•*Unedited*•