Chapter 29

👻CHAPTER 29👻

👻Annika's POV👻

👻Annika's POV👻

Fred's emotions, was shown on his face, and he was clearly bothered, and as we watched the news I'm sure he felt even worse, I myself felt pretty bumped by everything that has happened in an entire day's time.

"Heather Jasper-Howe with an emergency update for Investigative Probe. A monster army has invaded Coolsville. Angry citizens have gathered outside Mystery Inc. ‘s offices in protest. They’re insisting the gang cooperate with the Evil Masked Figure’s demands." The woman states, I couldn't even say or think her name without getting angry.

The images changed to our headquarters where most of the down was gathered with, signs as they yelled. "Mystery Stink! Mystery Stink!" Fred face turned even more sour, seeing that we even lost the support of the town's people.

Some idiot reporter tried to be brave, approaching a monster, after they started appearing making the people run away. "Excuse me, sir. Do you have anything to say for yourself?" The only answer he got was puke all over him and his camera, I kinda felt like he deserved that one.

Heather's face appeared on screen again, as she was desperately staring into the camera. "I beg you, Mystery Inc. If you can hear me, turn yourselves in." She begs.

"If we do, he’ll get the control panel back, and the city will be in worse shape." Fred points out, he sounded hopeless, like he didn't know what to do. "That would be like giving up, if we give him everything straight into his hands like that." I say, Daphne nodding in agreement.

"Please. For our city’s sake." Heather begs again, just as there was a loud bang, their door got knocked down by the Black Knight Ghost. "Sorry. You’re cancelled." He says, laughing, just as the camera got cut off.

That sudden feeling you get, when it seems like nothing will be off help, or could be done, that's how I felt in that moment, and watching each expression, who blamed themselves for doing wrong made me feel even worse.

The entire drive to our destination, had me feeling like I was being swallowed in my own guilt, the familiar place didn't make me feel any better. "The old high-school clubhouse. We should be safe here." Velma states getting out of the van with Shaggy's help.

"We haven’t been here in years." Daphne says, it almost felt nostalgic to be back here, but I didn't move to get out of the mystery machine.

Fred was only staring ahead, no signs of moving. "You okay, Freddy? If you wanna talk I'm here to listen." I told him, snapping him out of his trance, he only glance at me slightly. "Talking’s for wimps. It’s time for action." He says getting out of the van.

"Being a wimp once and awhile won't make your world stand still, and it won't make me love you any less." I told him honestly.

Fred stopped for a few seconds, but didn't turn to look at me, as he walked towards the clubhouse, it hurt my feelings, but I pulled myself together and followed them.

"Still works." Velma says, as she got the old generator working again, everything was just as we left it. Velma opened up a trap door where she use to put her stuff. "Look, all my old tools."

"After all our so-called success …we’re back in this old firetrap." Fred states, taking a look around, he stopped looking at a picture that was taken when we were kids, even back then I already had feelings for Fred, because in the picture you could clearly see me staring at him.

We were playing frisbee that day throwing it to each other, Fred always tried to make sure I never caught the frisbee, but we all had a laugh when Scooby ran into a tree, things were so much easier back then.

"It all seemed so easy back then." Fred says, as if he read my mind. "We solved mysteries for the love of them, not to prove anything to anyone." Daphne says, moving to the closest chair, taking a seat. Velma was walking around, talking with a smile on her face.

"And the mysteries all seemed to unravel themselves. Sometimes, the answers would just appear like magic."

Things really didn't appear magically, I just hoped something would appear soon or we'll be doomed.

*•Unedited•*