Chapter 24

👻CHAPTER 24👻

👻Annika's POV👻

👻Annika's POV👻

"I'll compare the glow of those footprints to the pterodactyl scale." was the first thing Velma said as we enter headquarters, she quickly made her way to the lab.

"We'll check out Wickles' book." Fred states.

Daphne and I got our laptops immediately starting doing the research. I was so focused
that I didn't even realize the Fred and Daph staring at me until Shaggy spoke up.

"Hey guys!"

Shaggy looked nervous as he kept on talking, his eyes never leaving any of us. "Scooby's feeling kind of..." Shaggy pulls out Scooby from the kitchen, his mouth covered in white, they were giving all of us the old slip-a-roo. "...like he got rabies. We're just gonna go outside to get some fresh air." Shaggy says showing Scooby to go through the door.

We stared at the two with questioning looks, my gut clearly telling me they were up to something.

Velma came speeding into the living room where we were seated, taking the book out of Fred's hands. "What's up, Velms? "Fred asks, I look up from my screen once again. "The analysis of the pterodactyl scale it contains randamonuim which this books says is the critical ingredient needed to make monsters." Velma informs us, the book opened on that specific page containing the information.

"Doesn't randamonium glow, like those footprints in Wickles' mansion?" Daphne asks, staring at Velma curiously.

"If we prove Wickles is behind this, this mystery goes down like a dot-com and Coolsville digs us again." Fred states, it made me role my eyes in annoyance, he really only cared about what others think of us, it was upsetting.

"Where would he be able to get randomonium?" I ask, speaking up for the first time since we got back.

"Randomonium is the by product of silver mines. Velma states matter-of-factly.

"Like the abandoned mining town in old Coolsville." Fred says.

"Then we better get to that mining town and see what's..."

Velma suddenly stopped talking, diving to the floor in a hurry.

"I'm invisible. I'm invisible" she kept on mumbling. Our doorbell suddenly rang, solving the mystery of Velma's sudden strange behaviour.

Patrick was at the door.

"Get rid of him." Velma begs from behind the coach, disappearing into the lab on all fours. Daphne and I followed behind her after telling Fred to keep Patrick busy. Daphne also got on all fours.

"What are you doing?" Daphne asks her curiously.

"He wants to ask me on a date." Velma says, climbing through the tables trying to stay hidden.

"It's okay to be scared."

"I am not scared. I've fought werewolves and ghosts, but in the end we usually unmask them and its a scared little man inside." Velma says, finally coming to a stop.

"It's the same with dating." Daphne says, appearing in front of our friend, I took a seat on the floor where I could still see them and where they could see me as well.

"Velma, have you ever considered that maybe werewolves and ghosts are just distractions to keep you away from what really frightens you?" Daph ask our fact checking friend, which she had a point. "Intimacy with another person, and by intimacy I mean someone who thinks you're really hot." Daphne adds, Velma looked at us unsure.

"But I'm more comfortable in the world of logic and facts, and... I'm not hot." Velma says looking down sadly.

"Me neither." Daphne says, making me stare at them both in disbelieve. "Velms, your hot, don't let others make you feel like your not, you just have to be yourself." I said, looking at where Fred and Patrick were talking.

"Everybody has flaws, Velma, object of a healthy relationship is to never let the other person know they're there." Daphne tells her, not advice I 100% agree with, but if that works for her I won't be judging, as the two got back on their feet.

"Daph, Anni, I really like this guy."  Velma spoke up after awhile staring at the guy. "What would you do if someone thought... that you were some glamorous and mysterious jet-setter?" Velma asks.

"I'd make myself one." Daphne says with a smile, pulling Velma with her out of the lab.

I joined the two men in the living room. "Where's Daphne and Velma?" Fred asks, Patrick's curious gaze was so intense it was hard not to notice. "They just went for a wardrobe change." I told them, casually getting comfortable on the coach, they continued their conversation on the museum.

The clicking of heels made me look up only to see Velma in an orange jumpsuit that was sitting very tightly on her.

"Who's your mommy?" She asks mysteriously.

"My mommy?" Patrick asks confused, Fred was silently laughing at the exchange.

"Come on, let's solve a mystery."

With every step Velma took the suit she was wearing made noises and from my point of view she looked really uncomfortable. Velma tripped when we got outside not use to wearing heels. Patrick also took notice of her discomfort as he spoke up.

"Do you have to go to the bathroom?" He asks.

"No, I can't in this outfit."

Daphne and I got in the front with Fred as Velma and Patrick got in the back, an awkward silence falling over all of us.

*•Unedited•*