Chapter 6

🕸️CHAPTER 6🕸️

•🕸️Third Person's POV🕸️•

The sun was already going under when Daphne approached Annika, who was enjoying the company of a Margarita. Annika looked at her in confusion, the Blake girl approaching her was a shock itself.

"Daph, what can I help you with?" Annika asks politely.

"Will you please come and help me solve this mystery?" Daphne asks, in a begging voice, which shocked the Martin girl even more, she thought Daphne wanted to do this all by herself.

"Why me?" Annika questions looking at the other woman. Daphne couldn't believe she's about to admit to this especially to Annika herself. "Anni, look, your the best at finding things, especially the important clues, that's always involved in the mystery somehow, so please help." Daphne begs. "Fine, I think I know where to start." Annika says getting up, downing the last of her margarita.

"Where?" Daphne asks, knowing she made the right choice to ask Annika for help. "It's on the beach!" Annika says, remember seeing the lonely cabin by the beach.

They were walking on the beach, Annika took off her shoes to feel the sand between her toes. "You know, he still looks at you, like your the only person alive." Daphne told the Martin girl, Annika looked at her nothing believing it, just like she didn't believe Daphne when she told Annika two years ago that Fred is massively in love with her.

"Daph, what are you on about again?" She asks, seeing the cabin up ahead. "Fred still has feelings for you, he's way to obvious with all the staring." Daphne told Annika remembering all the times she caught Fred staring at her.

When they got to the cabin, Annika turned to her friend, "Can we please, just drop this conversation. Please!"

Daphne only gave her a nod, but she would be sure to bring it up again later.  Annika knocked on the door, but no one answered, the two stepped inside to see a guy performing some weird ritual with a headless chicken.

"Excuse me," Daphne spoke up, trying to get his attention. He turned around noticing the two woman who has trespassed into his space. "What are you doing? Now I have to start my voodoo ritual all over again!" He snaps unhappily, glaring at the two.

"Voodoo ritual?" Daphne asks confused, not understanding what he meant.  " Yes I was about to sacrifice this chicken." he states, aggressively. "But the chicken's not alive." Daphne points out the obvious, making the voodoo man even more angry and annoyed.

"I know that, smart little girl. You figured it out, when you saw it didn't have a head." He snaps, Annika thought this guy was very snappy for someone who performs the art of voodoo magic.

"I'm pretty sure a sacrifice is suppose to be alive." Annika says making the voodoo man look at her unimpressed. "What do you want? Why are you all up in my voodoo ritual space?" He questions them annoyed. "We're looking for clues as to who's behind the strange behaviour of the students." Daphne explains to him, he looked at them like they were crazy.

"Well here's a clue, purple is a fall colour,  it's the middle of May!" he says to Daphne pointing his knife up and down towards her outfit.

"Pardon?"

"Do yourself a favour and get off this Island. Go home. Go home, before evil befalls your little, skinny, aerobicized booties, and whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not go into that Spooky Island castle." Voodoo man warned them pointing out is window in the direction of the castle, Annika knew at that moment this guy knew about something, but it was obvious he wasn't gonna share, it must be worse than they thought.

"You want me to go up to that castle." Daphne says, she was sure that's what he wanted, Annika on the other hand was staring at her friend as if she's crazy.

"Didn't you just hear what I said?" He asks confused, he looked at Annika asking in silence what is wrong with her friend, Annika only shrugged her shoulders.

"But you're scary and you know I'd do the opposite of what you said, so you told me not to go, so I'd go up to that castle where you've set a trap to capture us, unless... You knew I'd figure it out, so you told me not to go up to the castle so I'd think you wanted us to go, so I wouldn't go, like you didn't want us to." Daphne says, Annika wasn't sure what to make of Daphne's insane logic at that very moment.

"Uh..." The Voodoo man just stared at her in confusion.

"I'll find out what you're hiding in that cast -  You watch!" Daphne states determined, now more than ever. "What in the world?" He mumbles to himself, Annika shrugged her shoulders once again.

"I have always thought she's from another planet, I still do, because she's one mystery that can't be solved." Annika told the voodoo man, before following Daphne, catching up with her.

"Come on! We need to find Shaggy and Scooby!" Daphne says, walking even faster on the trail through the woods, that would take them to the hotel.

When they finally found the two goofballs standing close to a vending machine, Daphne called out to them, indicating that they should follow the two woman.

•*Unedited*•