Chapter 8

🕸️CHAPTER 8🕸️

•🕸️Fred's POV🕸️•

•🕸️Fred's POV🕸️•

"I believe those two are up to something." Anni says as we were walking through the halls. "Your right, it's weird seeing them works together." I say. It was weird being with her alone again, this did feel a little awkward. I was only able to stare at her, admiring how focused she was right now.

"So that guy, you and Daphne were talking about, two years ago, are you guys like a thing now?" I ask her curiously, wanting to know if there was an obstacle that was gonna be in my way.  Anni shook her head, she had a sad smile on. "No, after that day the gang split, I never saw him again." She says giving me a quick glance.

"I'm sorry. I guess one change can flip everything around in someone's life." I say, knowing the feeling all to well, but I was glad to hear there was no competition.

"Don't worry about it, I had myself distracted jumping from island to island, and your attention probably was on the swimsuit models, like it's always been, even back in the day."  Anni mumbles walking a bit faster. Was that really how she saw me? It kind of hurt, "No, look, I'm a man of substance, dorky chicks like Velma also turns me on. " I state.

Annika looked at me, rolling her eyes at me, walking away, looked like I ended up making things worse, I felt like a complete idiot. "She just had to be the complicated type." I whisper to myself.

I was finally able to caught up with her again. I wanted to make things right, but the armors moving around chopping at us, was making it really hard to get a word out, we ran trying to avoid loosing our heads or limbs.

We got trapped in a dead end, with a bookcase full of old books, swinging blades was swinging left to right from the ceiling, trapping us they also started moving forward. "They are moving towards us." Anni yelled out, looking around for a solution out. "We're completely trapped!" I say, I didn't wanna die like this, there was still so much I wanted to tell and do with Anni.

"Of course, Fred.  Quickly try the bookcase!" she yelled out confusing me. "What?" I ask, not understanding how the bookcase is going to help us.

"One of the books got to open some kind of secret door or passageway." she yelled out and started throwing books to the floor. "Anni, this is a ride not some mansion with secret passageways." I shouted back in panic.

"You got any other plans, Fred, or would you rather be chopped up!"  Anni snapped at me, a clear sign that she was agitated. I started helping throwing the books towards the floor. I stumbled backwards after trying to get a book off the case. The blade was closing in on me, using the big book in my hands as a shield, I was thrown backwards through the glass behind me.

"Fred!"

•🕸️Third Person's POV🕸️•

The frightening swinging blades came to a stop. Annika pulled the last book on bookcase, opening up the secret door. When she didn't see Fred at all she made her way through the secret doors, she saw him struggling to get up. "Fred? Are you alright?" She asks in worry, Fred was feeling over the moon having her worried about him. "I'm okay." He reassures her.

Annika help him up from the floor, she gave him a smile grateful that he was okay, Fred gave her his famous smile, before taking a look around at where they ended up. 

"Looks like some kind of school." Fred says, spotting the desks. "That's really fishy, I mean in a closed down amusement ride, if that's not fishy I don't know what is." Annika states pushing a button on the monitors.

A video started playing, something about how kids do act and how they should be acting.

"Is it just me or does this seem like some kind of brain washing facility,  you know like a cult, and if there's a cult there's one guy behind it hungry for power." Annika tells Fred, he turned to her in question.

"Mandavarious?" Fred asks.

"If it's him, why invite us here in the first place?" Annika asks in confusion. Alarms started going off, making the two look at each other. "Let's get out of here!"  Fred told Annika, they start running to get out before they get caught

•*Unedited*•