Chapter 14

🕸️CHAPTER 14🕸️

•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

We got to the beach as quickly as possible. "Hey Daph, look it's the voodoo man, doing another failed ritual." I pointed out. "Wait. I know how to handle this guy." Daphne says to us. "Hey, you! What are you doing?" She yelled out, walking closer to where the voodoo man was at.

"Yes, that is masterful." Velma states, the two guys only looking at her weirdly. "She has no idea how to handle him, he roasted her pretty good the last time we were here." I told them, laughing. We joined Daphne, "I'm trying to do a voodoo ritual. It's important to get the right ingredients." he says, holding up some freaky looking doll, I took a step back into Fred's chest, almost losing my balance, his hand went to the small of my back to steady me.

"The only way I can protect myself is by blessing this dead Arnouki beast. I'll tell you something. I got a feeling they're about to perform their evil darkopolyse ritual." The voodoo man says.

"Darkopolyse ritual?" Velma asks.

"That's right." Voodoo man say in confirmation.

Velma took out the Daemon Ritus. "That's what the ancient text describes." Velma says, the Voodoo man fell to the ground holding up his weird looking doll. "Hold it! Don't open it!" He mutters scared.

"They use the protoplasm in the vat as an energy source, and the leader needs to absorb a purely good soul to complete the ritual." Velma read of the daemon ritus in her hands.

"Legend has it, once the darkopolyse ritual is performed, the creatures will rule all earth for 10 000 years. So I'm bringing this Arnouki beast up in my house to protect myself." He told us, I was still a bit confused on how that creepy ugly looking doll will possibly be able to protect him. "Do you have another one of those?" Shaggy asks nervously.

The Voodoo man looked at him like he's crazy, before going into his house. Fred's hand hasn't left the small of my back at all.

"Those creatures are taking over the world? That's so mean!" Daphne states. "Now they can't do the ritual without a pure human soul. Where will they get one of those?" Fred asks. "She didn't say human." I told him, when I came to realization.

"Oh boy."

"So if the person behind all this needs Scooby Doo." Velma says.

"Then that person is the one who brought Scooby here." Daphne adds, all of us coming to understand what is actually happening.

"If Mondanajagaga wanted Scooby, why'd he invite the rest of us?" Fred asks, he had a point, why were we invited if he only ever needed Scooby.

"It doesn't matter. We gotta, like, go save Scoob." Shaggy says and started walking away. "Shag, our area of expertise is nutjobs in Halloween costumes." Fred reminded him. "We're suppose to be here is man." Shaggy pointed out. I made my way until I'm next to Shaggy, and looked at Fred. "He has a point Fred, one of our own is in trouble, if it was any of us, will you also be so hesitant?" I ask him. Shaggy walked towards Daphne taking her purse from her hands.

"So I'm going to do what I always do. I'm going to eat myself a scooby snacks scooby snacks and I'm going to save my best pal." Shaggy says to us determined to save Scooby. Fred looked to Velma in question.

"Velmster?"

"Oh, you think I'm going to fall for that? Giving me my own nickname? Trying to make me feel like part of the gang?" Velma asks with the smallest of smile, showing she was happy. "We could make a plan." she says.

"What can I do? The only thing I'm good for is getting caught." Daphne sadly says. "But you never let that stop you before, and if that's not a true hero, then I don't know what is." Fred says to her, confident in her abilities. "You all have a role you play in the gang, I've always felt like I have no role here." I spoke up with all honesty.

"But you do, you've helped us just as much to solve mysteries as the rest of us did, I mean if it weren't for your obsession of legends and myth, we might ended up struggling to solve those mysteries." Daphne told me, giving me a side hug.

We all put our hands in, determined to solve this mystery. "Let's get jinky with it." Velma says as we threw our hands in the air.

•*Unedited*•