28

Tamaki was throwing a fit.

Not a huge, childlike fit, but more of a 'I'm mad and not going to talk to you' fit. 

I was sitting with the other third years, while he rolled a ball using just his finger. He hadn't even changed out of the costume for the day. It was honestly a little annoying since he was sixteen and not five. "Well he's obviously upset with us."

"What? No you don't say! I thought he was over the moon with joy!" 

"I hate it when he ignores up when we're right in front of us, he's such a child."

"Nah, tama-chan's just a lonely guy, ya know?" Tamaki muttered something I didn't quite catch, nor cared enough to have him repeat. 

"I hate to give in, but would it really be that bad to help them out with their newspaper?"

"What?!" 

"Since when are you taking his side?!"

"Since never. Just listen okay? Any second now he's going to look over here with those puppy dog eyes he used when he wants something and none of us are going to be able to say no, and so he's gonna win."

"Let me guess, you're speaking from experience aren't you?" 

"Besides, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't this the sort of thing you guys usually go for?" Tamaki was getting restless that we weren't giving into his pouting and any minute now I'm gonna be dragged into this. 

"Well no. This seems like more trouble than it's worth." Haruhi looked over here.

"What about you senpais?"

"No way. and if there is a way, not happily."

"Count me out, I have this cake to eat. And takashi usually sticks with me, right?"

"Mmh" I made the mistake of looking up. 

Puppy dog eyes. 

I glared back, determined not to give in so easily. Unfortunately, kyoya gave in. 

"There will be some conditions." tamaki made a sound that sounded, suspiciously like a bark? What the actual- "The outline for their artical will be submitted by us. Interviews are strictly prohibited. It is vital that our clients identities remain confidential. Do we agree?"

"Well, if you think it's cool kyoya senpai.."

"Then we do too." 

"Huh?"

"I'll do it since kyo chan says its okay!"

"Mmh."

"What about you y/n?"

"Don't want to, but I likely don't have much of a choice." Haruhi gave kyoya the side eye. He either didn't notice or didn't care. 

The next day, we were outside playing games I only play with my little sister. Some people were making silly poses in what was essentially red light green light. The newspaper club was.. not amused to say the least. They were talking about it between themselves, when tamaki went over to explain what we were doing. "You know, I can't blame you for being shocked. I was unfamiliar with it myself. It's a commoners game, they have a wide variety! And none of them require spending any money! All you need is a few friends to play with!"

"And what does this have to do with our coverage of the host club?" 

"You need to learn some friendliness!" He yelled at them. "If you want to clear the negative reputation of the newspaper club, and attempt to capture the hearts of your readers, you must try to be more down to earth! I can see the headlines now; The handsome boys of the host club enjoy commoners games! With pictures of us frolicking in the fields of early summer. It would be the perfect facelift for the front page! And it gives you the chance to show that a couple of commoners are happily reliving their childhood here with us!" He looked over at us.