32

We were having some sort of 'refreshing battle' over the only spare room in the bed and breakfast. Helping out got us something called 'refresher points' and whoever got the highest by the end of the day, won the room. Haruhi.. Was not happy to say the least. They wanted a break from the craziness of the host club, and while I pity them, I'm at least going to help out. I don't really care about getting the room though. Neither does mori. I can just sort of tell. I think bunny thinks he can win this by just being cute. Sure, that won my heart, but it's not going to win the room. He's in for a rude awakening. 

And honestly? I'm going to laugh at him. 

Don't get me wrong, I love him, but you should be able to laugh at your partner when they mess up. 

I was cutting down some small trees for logs, and saw bunny and tamaki rebuilding the fence. Well, tamaki was building the fence, Bunny was eating some cake. For a martial arts master, he sure can be lazy sometimes. 

It was a hot summer day, and I was out of their sight, and bunny would be slightly jealous if he knew I was working with my shirt off. Scars and muscles on display, swinging an axe. As tempting as it was to listen to music, I knew what was coming, and I wanted to be able to hear it to crack up about it. The steady rhythm of my axe, and tamaki's hammer filled the air. "You may not believe this, but this is the first time I've held a hammer in my life!"

"Just watching you is making me tired." I'll give him something to be tired about.. Later though. 

"You there! No complaining! Three point deduction." They yelled in protest, and I put the axe down, and grabbed a water bottle. Tamaki made a noise of pain as he hammered his finger, and I smiled. This was going to be good. "And no whining either. That will be another three." I watched as honey tried to turn on the charm. "You think that's gonna change my mind?" He sat there, sad, and I tried my hardest not to laugh. Picking the axe back up, I wiped a little sweat off my forehead, and continued to swing. "You!" I turned. 

"Yes misusuchi?"

"Five points. You're doing such a good job with that axe! Doesn't hurt that you have a good body showing off too!" They smiled. 

"Ah, thank you." I said, before going to the final swing. "You might want to stand back." They did so, and down the tree fell. Humming, I brought it over to the work bench, and grabbed a saw, and started cutting it into littler logs to be chopped by mori for firewood. As I thought, Bunny was jealous. After Misusuchi left, he came up to me. Mori was walking out with a table that needed to be fixed, and I smiled. "Do you need something?"

"Have you been here the whole time?" I nod, not looking up. "Did you know that would happen?"

"Knowing you? Maybe." He huffed. "I know you and your family's rich, but sometimes it's nice to work on something yourself." I said, putting the saw down. "It's rewarding, and a good skill. My mom was an advocate of self improvement and hard work. Why do you think I know how to cook so well? Or why my house is always so clean? Or why I know how to work with sharp tools without getting hurt? I learned these things to take care of people, and to give myself the satisfaction of knowing that I did those things, and not someone else." I leaned down and gave him a kiss. "It's also why I'm so satisfied when I make you a mess." He blushed. 

"Why do you always do this to me~" He whined but he was smiling a little. 

"You know why. And if you're good for the rest of the day, I'll help you with it later." He nodded. 

"Deal." With that, I went back to sawing the wood. 

Soon enough, I brought it over to mori and gave him the axe. "You know how to work this thing, right?" He shook his head. "Okay, I'll show you the stance then. Don't want to rush you to the hospital for an axe in the foot like my great uncle." He raised an eyebrow. "I'll explain later." I stood with my feet roughly shoulder width apart, and gripped it near both the base and the head. From there, I swung down, splitting a log in two. "You get that?"