33

Mistukuni could indeed walk the next day, but he had a bit of a limp. I didn't go crazy with the hickies, but if you looked closely, you could see some light red splotches on his neck. When we got there, haruhi was catching up with a middle school friend while on a break. "So, he's a friend of haruhi's from middle school, huh?"

"Seems like it." I said, while I was actually texting a friend of mine from my previous high school. I was still paying attention to my friends of course, but he started texting me randomly, and I'm not in the habit of keeping people waiting. 

"They've had zero contact since graduation, so in my opinion, they're not friends, just former classmates."

"Well, hikaru, luckily for you, nobody asked your opinion." 

"Who are you texting?" Mistukuni asked.

"An old friend of mine. We usually text while I'm home. My old friends want to meet up sometime, and they want me to bring you along." He paled a little. "I told them I'm seeing a guy, and they told me to bring him so they can see how tough he is. They're also ex-street fighters, so of course they have to see if my boyfriend can keep up." I roll my eyes. "Last time they did that, my ex broke up with me, cause he didn't like that I literally fight my friends." He chuckled.

"They're in for a surprise then." I nod.

"They work at a dojo in town actually now that I think about it. Helping out one of their relatives." I smirked. Hikaru yelled something about haruhi needing to be working. "Wanna pay them a surprise visit?" He nodded, the same mischievous smirk on his own face. 

"What's with him? He's trying to use the refreshing innocence approach. Somebody should tell him we already had a refreshment contest." 

"You're being unusually critical." 

"I'm just sayin! It's obvious this guy has a thing for haruhi!" 

"Hikaru, will you shut up?!" He ignored me.

"It's sickening to try and watch him flirt. Ugh." 

"Hikaru! What's wrong with you?! Quit acting like such a jerk!" 

"Hey, it's not big deal. He's right, I did have a thing for you once. But who cares, you already turned me down, right?" Even haruhi was surprised at that. 

"Why do you look so surprised?" Kyoya asked. 

"Well, I didn't know!" I laughed. 

"Child, you have to be more aware about these things." 

"You have to fill us in on this story arai! When did this happen?" He proceeded to explain what he thought was a rejection but was just haruhi being dense. The other third years and kyoya were interrogating her, while I was trying not to die laughing. Oh boy, I wish I could have taken a photo of her expression! It was priceless! 

They turned around and bowed. "I'm so sorry." 

"So I'm getting turned down again a whole year later?! Don't worry about it fujioka, I'm over it already. You didn't realize what I meant, so you weren't interested. But you know, I was always drawn to that faraway look in your eyes. And the way you looked someone in the eyes when you spoke to them. I liked that about you. I always thought you were special." He looked at me. "Umm, is that guy there okay?" I held up a thumbs up. 

"I'm fine! Just trying not to choke on my own laughter!"

"He's done it before. It's a funny sight."  Mitsukuni said. I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. I mocked offence. 

"I'm wounded!" He looked at me, and we both proceeded to crack up. Tamaki was gushing over how arai loved his daughter, and next thing I know, most of us are sitting around a table for info about middle school haruhi.