Chapter 13

Myra's POV

" But what if he is doing it under his family's pressure or just to help dad and Viren to get out of this situation but he never forgets the fact that I had chosen Manik earlier? "

" No, it is a matter of a few days. And no one forced him. We asked him again and again. Even his parents and Viren also asked but he said that he had already given his affirmation for this marriage but then... And now it is a bit awkward as you were supposed to get married to his friend. He said it will take time to get used to it. But that is right... He is a straightforward man and we all like him. " She said and I nodded.

" Ok, now get ready, our team has already reached the hotel to get you ready for the wedding. We want to see you dressed as a bride as I am sure that you would look even more beautiful when you would be ready. Raj would go crazy and would forget everything once he see you, the most beautiful bride of the year."  She hugged me.

I went to the hotel to get ready for the wedding with lots of apprehensions, inhibitions, and aspirations.

*******

The best beauty artists from our salon were there to help me and when finally the makeup was done, they helped me wear my lehenga and jewelry. And I was looking very nice, they had proved that they deserved to be working with the best salon and spa in the city. I nodded at them with appreciation and they all grinned.

My family came in to meet me and got very emotional seeing me dressed as a bride.

Dad embraced me and said, " I knew that my Myra would look very pretty in her wedding dress but you are looking even better than my imagination. I wish god shower all his blessings on you and your life to be full of light and happiness. I am sure, Raj will keep you very happy, but don't forget your dad, I love you and will miss you. " 

"  Dad... I love you too.  How can I forget you?? You are my hero. " I said. He smiled at me though his eyes were sparkling with tears.

" Now you got your real-life hero... "

" But you are my first and most favorite one. " I said.

" And what about me?? " Viren asked. Even his eyes were moist.

" I hate you, don't talk to me. " I said.

" But why?? What have I done?"

" You asked Raj to take the biggest problem of your life away from you. Fine, I am going. I hope you will be absolutely happy now. " I made a face.

" Oh, God!! He told you that??  Stupid man. I will punch him. Liar!! How can I say that? My life is incomplete without you in it. I love you since you were born and I made it my responsibility to solve all your problems. I am sorry that I made a mistake in arranging that surprise engagement party. But I wanted to make up for making you cry that day. You are my little princess. I am sorry. " Viren said.

" Oh!! You idiot, you Don't need to apologize for loving me so much.   That relationship was meant to be broken. "  I said.

" But you got hurt because of me... "  Viren was getting very emotional.

" Now stop it, you idiot. Don't make me emotional, or I will cry and all this makeup will be ruined.  Then I would kill you. " I said.

" Oh no!! We can't afford that, otherwise, Raj may get scared and refuse to marry her. How will we find another groom so soon who would like to take my problem away? " He said.

" Dad, tell him to shut up!! "

" Viren, shut up!! " Both mom and dad said together. Viren smiled.

" Crazy girl... Say that you love me and forgave me or I will make you cry more. " Viren said.