Chapter 25

Raj's POV

The whole day these thoughts kept tormenting me. My family kept calling me on my phone but I put it on silent. As it is I was too far off from my place, I was not even sure if my phone was reachable or not.

I knew that, I was supposed to go to her parents' house for dinner as per the ritual, but I didn't feel like going. Everyone would start teasing us there as well.

Teasing gives pleasure when someone is happy but hurts like hell if they are pretending that everything is absolutely perfect between them.

My phone rang again it was Viren this time, he must be expecting me there but I was in no mood to go there.

Ron was calling me as well, but I ignored his call as well.

Even after evaluating my feelings for her for about two hours, I was not very sure exactly what I felt for her.

Of course, I was still very much attracted to her but I was upset with her for playing with my emotions.

But she was my wife now.

Wife... My wife.

She was my life partner. Mine!!! Whether I liked it or not she was my responsibility, not Ron's.

Though I was still confused, I decided to go back as both families expected me to be with Myra at the moment.

So I reached there and rang the doorbell. Someone opened the door and I walked in and felt the excitement and celebration in the environment as everyone was enjoying having snacks and teasing each other.

" Hey, Ron!! Finally, you have arrived.  What took you so long? We all were missing you. " Viren said coming towards me.

Ron?? Why is he calling me Ron?? Is Ron already here as Raj??

" I.I was stuck somewhere.  R.Raj has arrived?? " I asked hesitantly and he says that he came about an hour ago.

" Oh, ok!! " I said and walked in.   greeted everyone.

Ron was sitting there in the center beside Myra. What is he up to now?? Why did he act like me?

" Hey, Raj. I am surprised that you have already reached here. I mean... Your meeting was going on and on. "  I said to Ron.

" Yeah, but as soon as I could, I came here, everyone was waiting for so long. I saw that my phone had 20+ missed calls. " He said.

"I need to talk to you, Raj. " I said to Ron in a very serious tone as I wanted to confront it.

But Myra's dad told me to wait till we go home as everyone wanted to spend some time with Raj, I nodded but was getting very upset.

The snacks were served to me, though I had not eaten anything since breakfast, I didn't feel like eating, so I said that I was not hungry as I have been distributing gifts and sweets to family and friends so was quite full. 

I wanted to swap places with him again as it was not fair. He could not fool everyone like this. The dinner was being served and they asked Ron and Myra to come to the dining table.

Myra looked at him with a smile and he also gave a faint smile. And took the chair next to her.

What the hell!!

I need to talk to him.

" Raj, I need to talk to you. " I said again.

" Yes..."  He said. But sujal made him sit again saying that he was the guest of honor for the day and that he must enjoy the food as all his favorite dishes were served.