Chapter 42

Raj's POV

Opening the door, I went in and saw that she was not there.

But her phone started to ring, I just looked at the screen and was shocked to see that it was Manik.

Why was he calling her now??

I thought of picking up the call as she was not around. But somehow it seemed unethical so I let it ring.

But when he called again, I could not control myself and picked up the call but it stopped ringing before I could say anything.  I checked whom had she called earlier when she was crying.

I was not too surprised to see that she had called Manik.

What is going on between them??

Why did she call him while she was crying so badly??

Is she missing him all of a sudden after she met Shahs today?

And why did Manik call her back?? Doesn't he know that she is married to me now?? Is he missing her too as now even  Roshni is not with him??

I felt a burning kind of sensation.

And I rushed out of the room and then my home.

Though I had postponed the meeting for the next day as I had to go to the party organized by her friends, I was in no mood to go anywhere now.

Myra's POV

It has been eight at night and I was still waiting for Raj to come. His phone was not reachable.

Mom came and asked me to get ready so that we could go to that party as soon as he comes.  I had already removed the heavy jewelry, I was wearing with the saree.

Following the instructions that came with the dress, I draped the saree differently and the saree was converted into a beautiful evening gown. I wore elegant jewelry and matching accessories.

" Wow!! You are looking absolutely gorgeous, Raj would not be able to take his eyes off you. " Mom said and smiled for her sake as she is very sweet.

" Where is Raj, I told him not to go to the meeting. Let him come, I will scold him. "

" It's ok, I will tell them that we had guests at home or we had to go somewhere else so we can't come today. "  I said with a faint smile while I was feeling very bad that he didn't even come.

" What are you talking about, beta, they organized the party just for both of you and invited other friends too. How can you think of canceling it? You go and attend the party I will send Raj as soon as he is back. " Mom said.

"  But, it will look very awkward if I will go alone. It's ok, they are my friends, I will take care of it. "  I shook my head. Just then Dad also came looking for Mom.

" You are still here, where is Raj? Let me call him. " Dad said and tried but his phone was not reachable.

" Beta, you go, as soon as I can contact him, will send him there. " Mom said.

" Mom, please don't force him. I will manage. "  I said and went to the party.

All my friends were disappointed and asked me about Raj. I didn't know what to say so I lied that he was stuck somewhere and that he would be here as soon as he can get out of there.

" But we held this dinner especially because we all wanted to meet him as we could not meet him at your wedding."  One of my friends said.

They all did not say much later but I knew what were they thinking. So to prove them wrong I kept smiling though in my heart I felt like crying.