7: Last Chance

Percy POV

"Come on, Percy. This will be fun and a great way to get your mind off you-know-who," Leo pleaded.

The insinuation of Luke being an incarnation of Voldemort made sense.

I smirked at the thought.

The boys were trying to drag me out of my home and to the arcade, which was one of our favorite hangout spots. I sighed while my legs gave in. Technically, Frank was stronger than me, so if he tried to pull me off the bed, there was no resisting.

They managed to pull me to the edge of my bed. I sat on the side, still feeling numb.

Jason signaled for Leo and Frank to give us a moment alone.

Once they were out of my room, Jason spoke, "Dude, I know it's hard to get over them. Remember how difficult for me it was to move past Reyna."

"Yeah, I remember," I said.

"But, it was different for both of you. You guys ended it mutually because Reyna had to move to California. One of your closest friends didn't betray you. Luke did though," I added forcefully. It was true. I kept thinking about Luke's betrayal as opposed to Drew cheating on me. Luke hurt me more.

"It was still really hard because Reyna was my best friend and then some more. I'll always love her," Jason expressed. I looked at him; our gazes locking. "But, moving on is the best option. Look how happy I am with Piper now."

I sighed while nodding. Of course, Jason was right, and that's why he was one of my best friends. Jason smiled while throwing a new set of clothes at me. He chose blue jeans and a green swim hoodie (a classic style of look for me).

Within a half hour, we were playing games at the busiest arcade in the city. Kids and adults were rushing around, bumping into us in the process. I have to admit that it was fun.

Frank with his abundant kindness, Jason with his conversations, and Leo with his stupid jokes really helped me clear my mind.

I could always rely on my friends to make me feel better.

Once I got back home, I had a headache from all the flashing lights and loud music of the arcade. However, the smell of cookies got my attention. I followed my nose until reaching the kitchen.

My beautiful mom smiled at me while holding a tray of blue chocolate-chip cookies.

"You are the best mom ever," I exclaimed.

"Be careful. They're still hot," she said while laughing.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before reaching for the savory goodness. The cookie melted in my mouth, burning my tongue, but I didn't care. Blue chocolate-chip cookies are the best thing in the world!

"I'm glad you're doing better," my mom said.

"Yeah, I am feeling better after hanging with the boys. I'm just going to keep myself distracted until it all fades into the background," I replied honestly.

"Sounds therapeutic."

I only ate two more cookies. When your a professional athlete, diet and health was really important. You have to stay controlled no matter how difficult.

Of course, I had to go to swim practice at 6 o'clock. Since it was Sunday, my practice timings were flexible, but I still had a set numbers of hours I try to commit. I spent the morning conditioning (ie working out strength and cardio). Now, I was excited to get back in the water. As mentioned, it's soothing.

I made it to Olympia sports complex within ten minutes. I rushed into the locker rooms and found the locker I've had since freshman year. Ignoring Luke's locker opposite of mine, I started changing into my tight blue swim shorts.