30: One Moment

Annabeth POV

Percy kept saying that he could barely remember any events from the entire month of July.

To be honest, I actually felt bad for him.

He was working so hard so that he could do his very best at the Olympics in Greece. He swam and trained non-stop, even studying the other competitors with his coaches. Furthermore, I saw Percy familiarizing himself with the Athens setting.

"Why are you googling the location, sports facility, and the city?" I asked him once.

"Chiron always says to treat any competition like a practice. After all, I've had even better times during random practices than at a real competition. It helps me to feel at home in the place I'm competing..." Percy had explained.

I didn't really get it even after he explained, but I wasn't going to admit it out loud. Definitely not to him. Whatever works for him, Percy should do.

I barely spent any time with Percy over the month. I could count the number of times I've seen him this month with both my hands. I wished I could spend more time with him, but we would have the rest of our lives together.

But, a first-time Olympic opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Percy needs to put himself first for once to fulfill his goals. I'm not going to make him choose. I promised him that much the night of Silena's party.

I'm going to uphold that promise now.

Anyway, today, I was shopping with the girls. We were buying new stuff for college.

"Hey, Annabeth, how do you feel about this too?" Piper asked.

She was holding a tight, silky red shirt, with a myriad of straps covering the shoulders and back. "It looks a little...uh, exposed," I said hesitantly.

"That's the whole point," Piper exclaimed happily.

"Why is that the point?" Hazel asked.

"If I have this top on, I am bound to save money at a club. I will definetely get some free drinks from guys while wearing this," Piper explained.

I rolled my eyes.

But, Piper's logic was infallible.

Percy would certainly walk around me like a dazed puppy dog if I was wearing that. He would be obsessed. Actually, wait a minute—

"Hey Pipes, is that top available in blue? Maybe, I'll get it as well?" I stated.

"OF COURSE," Piper yelled knowingly.

We continued shopping, traveling to various clearance sections all around the mall. I'm not a huge fan of shopping, but I'll admit that I need some new clothes for college. I wanted to be fresh while studying at Columbia for architecture.

It's crazy that we all graduated high school already. It felt like yesterday when I met Piper and Hazel in the freshman math class. We quickly bonded over our hatred for Ms. Dodds.

Now, we're all going to college. Piper will be at Columbia with me, having uber-famous parents must come in handy sometimes.

I was so happy to have someone with me.

Thalia, Nico, and Will were staying in New York while Jason, Frank, and Hazel were going to university across the country. Rachel had decided to take an art internship at a company in New York City; then, she'd probably go the business route, incorporating the arts into her father's marketing company.