Part 3: Job hunting

Childe POV:

It's been a couple of months and I'm now Chongyun's roommate until I can get a stable job and get my apartment. It's been hard but now I'm working at a convenience store, it's a shiny job, but it's just enough to pay for rent and food so I'm not complaining.

I'm now on Chongyun's bed on his laptop searching for jobs online with him on the floor trying to clip his toenails. I know it's weird but I don't mind cause he's my best friend after all of the hardship, he's still by my side and I'm grateful for this kind of nature.

"Chongyun!, I think that I found an exactly good job opportunity!!" Chongyun turned back and I swear he had gotten whip lash but I was too excited to ask though. " Omg, Childe!! Show me!" He was smiling brightly and I smiled back and pointed to the online forum that was on a website for jobs.

"Mmm, Childe do you think that you're qualified for this?" He questioned as if I didn't have something up my sleeve. "Oh gosh Chongyun, don't you know well enough that you can lie on your resume? It's so easy and I've done it multiple times, just watch me." I gave him a grin and he just gave me a brow and a blinking look but I didn't care so I just turned back to the laptop to enter my "resume" which was just me making up lies but who would notice?

A couple of minutes later I finished it and clicked send. I roll on my back and sighed. I hope I get this babysitting job cause if I didn't I was going to be pissed.

I remember when I was looking at the job description, they say they would call you for an "online interview" on Zoom and send an email about when they'll call you. It's expected to be 5-10 days but I was patient but still worried about getting the job since it paid a good amount and didn't want to lose such an opportunity so lying was what I have to do to get this job.

Nine days later...

I've been checking my emails every day as if I'm on drugs but it was necessary because if I missed this chance I don't think I would live with myself with that regret.

As I look through my latest emails I see "Online Interview: Zoom Call Link" I don't know but as soon as I saw Online Inter- I already clicked on it. I saw the link and then the following words."I would inform you that you've been chosen sui-" Ain't no one is going to read that I just scrolled down and saw the time, it said the call is at 4:30 pm it was currently 3:27 pm and I had approximately 1 hour to get ready for a job interview.

I wasn't ready even though I thought I was. But I took a deep breath and went got off the bed and dashed to the shower. I got ready at lightning speed and prep my hair and my face just so I don't look like a caveman.

When I was done, it was now 4:20 pm so I had little time. I choose to call Chongyun, my lucky charm to cheer me up. I know I shouldn't be calling him during work but I needed some reassurance and comfort. When I was done with the call it was 4:29. I went to the laptop that I set up on Chongyun's desk and opened the email for the link. I said a quick prayer and clicked on it.

(619 words)