Part 15: Confusion

Childe POV:

Childe got out of bed still feeling vulnerable about what happened earlier that morning. I blushed at the thought of it.

I just try to carry myself sluggishly to the bathroom. I was currently shirtless, I don't know how but I was. I did my normal routine and was ready for my job like how it was the first week. I still can't believe that I'm high-

I clapped myself, I can't be thinking about these things, he's my boss but also my boyfriend but I. I still don't know where I stand with him being my boss and my boyfriend. You shouldn't mix your job and relationship in the same breath so I would have to discuss that with him.

Ugh, this is just such a headache. I had sex with him and now I'm his boyfriend? I think I accepted him asking me out a little too easy but I would have to see where this goes in the long run.

I got ready as usual, considering I need to make a living I just need to continue and Zhongli didn't give me my money for the week last week. Although I'm living in his house and eating his food I still need to make money and being his boyfriend isn't going to get me what I want. I should just stop thinking and get to work. I haven't seen my sweet chili in a while, well in a day but I need to go see that angle that I have to take care of.

I get ready and leave to get Chili ready for the day, but, what I didn't expect is to see Leyla in there taking care of him. When I opened the door she looked back at me with confusion.

"Mr. Childe, what are you doing in this room and at this time of day?" She asked like if I wasn't his babysitter, like if I was a complete transfer.

"Well, I'm his babysitter, aren't I? I think that I'm supposed to be here at 'this time of day.' " I said as I walked towards her. She just looked me up and down and sighed.

"Didn't Mr. Zhongli tell you already?"

"Tell me what exactly?" I was perplexed at this point. With all these questions, I started to get pissed. I know what I'm doing so what's with the Q&A all of a sudden?

"Well, Mr. Zhongli told me that you wouldn't be taking care of him since you guys are a thing I guess?" She said with a bit of confusion as if she wasn't sure of what she was saying. I just started at her with disbelief, how could he make that decision all on his own without even consulting me even a call or text would be fine but no, he just had to do everything himself like the cunt-

Ugh, whatever he's my 'boyfriend' so I should just call him and see what's going on.

Leyla was now looking at me as if I just got out of my deep thoughts. I just smiled at her awkwardly and said 'Have a nice morning' She said 'You too' and I left the room going downstairs to the living room to call him.

I got into the living, sat down, and reached into my pocket for my phone. I when to my saved contacts and then called him. I waited a few seconds until I heard his voice.

Hello?

I coughed and then got myself together as I didn't expect him to answer since he was at work at this hour.

"Hi, b-bae. I just wanted to know why I heard from Leyla that I wasn't Chili's babysitter anymore?"

Oh, so you now found out? I was going to tell you when I got home, but I guess that nothing can get through you huh?

He said then chuckling at the end. I swear I'm forgetting that he's alpha and his voice is so sexy...

I need to control myself with this man, I'm turning into a simp and I barely know this guy that's my 'boss'
I hope that I just get through this the best that I can.

"We-well I just wanted to know because didn't we have a contract? I know that I'm supposed to be his babysitter for the amount of time that's on the contract. I just can't stop being his babysitter because we're dating." I said while being serious.

I remember now that I didn't read what was on the contract to begin with and I was so desperate for this job that I would take anything. I'm kinda a fool and I wouldn't admit to Zhongli that my resume was fake and I did even read the contract. I'm such a dumbass.

I guess that's true in that case. I was just planning on letting you stay and be the mom to Chili and you to live here, not that you're not already living here I just want you to stay and be a family to us, you know?

I didn't know what I was hearing. Zhongli wants me to stay and be Chili's mo-

"What?! Aren't we moving too fast? I thought we started dating yesterday. It's not that I'm refusing but I-"

I know I know Childe I just want to be with you for a long, long time. I don't know what has gotten into me but can we talk about this when I get home? I feel like this isn't appropriate to talk about on a phone call.

He said as I hear him talking and typing in the background. I remember he's at work, I can just wait and hear him out about the situation but what he just said has me in a spiral.

"Oh, okay! I'll just see you later then." I said as I was blushing read. I can tell by how hot I feel and I can't control how he makes me feel, he's something else...

Ok babe I'll see you later, bye

He said with a kiss sound after.

"Bye," I said returning it. I then put down the call and lay my head back on the sofa. I look up, I was a blushing mess. I can't wait for my alpha to be home.

Babysitting Who? (Modern Au) COMPLETEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara