Part 5: Are you for real?

Childe POV:

So I got an email telling me I have to fly on a plane...

"OMFG, CHONGYUN!!!" I was jumping into the air like a child (no pun intended 💀) surely this had to be a dream. "Childe what is it with you screaming so much lately." He said sleepy as it was seven in the morning but I still didn't care because I was so

excited.

"Chongyun, I'm going to New York for the babysitting job. Don't worry they said they're going to send me a ticket to go there. Chongyun gave a smile but he looked sad at the same time. I walked up to him and hugged him and looked up.

"Don't worry I'mma come back and visit you if I have enough money." I smiled at him and he smiled back and rubbed my head and I lean into it.

"Thank you." That is all he said and let go of me to do this business.

3 days later...

In the mail, I got the plane ticket that was expected to arrive.

I was so happy so I started to pack my bags. The flight was scheduled early next morning at 7:00 am, I made sure that I'm ready for it when the time comes.

I went to work as usual and came back at 9 pm. But when I entered the apartment I didn't feel tired but anxious. I'm now noticing what I put mine into. Being a "high-class babysitter" was the first thing for me since I don't have any siblings, it's a first for me so I had to do my research as much as possible. I don't need to be fired on the first day.

Author's POV:

As Childe got to Chongyun's room he knocked first and then entered. Chongyun was knocked out from the new job he got so Childe made sure to be quiet as possible.

He made his way to his roommate's desk and opened the laptop, searching on Google for how to take care of children.

The next day...

Childe woke up on his roommate's desk he looked at the time and "Fuck.." it was now 6:20 Am and Childe still isn't ready for his flight. Childe thought to himself why Chongyun didn't wake him up but he didn't tell him the time he was supposed to leave.

Childe raced to the shower to prepare himself.

A few minutes later

Childe was now inside the airport cursing himself for being such an ass,
being so careless was always Childe's downfall but he made it just a few minutes late before the flight's scheduled time to leave.

Thankfully the flight was delayed for another hour "Great.." As he rolled his eyes at himself

Time skip.

It's been 13 hours and Childe is exhausted.

A flight from China to New York isn't an easy one. And I know Childe may not look like he's from China and you're right. He was originally from Russia and moved to China for personal reasons.

Childe was now off his flight and the heat hit Childe like a wave he didn't expect it to be so hot it's the middle of April, it's summer so what would you expect?

Childe's POV:

I'm now regretting taking on this job. It was only supposed to be temporary but it still pays well so it'll have to do.

I go into the airport and sit down on one of the seats.

I look at my phone and saw I got a message from an unknown number. It read "Go to the location set in the chat when you arrive in New York." I saw the location and looked at it and it was an hour's drive. Ugh, more fucking work I have to do gosh, I'm tired! I said my mind.

...

When I get in the taxi I gave them the location and he started to go to the selected location. I lay back and watch as he drove.
My vision started to go blurry as my eyes are heavy as I haven't gotten a proper sleep, and finally, sleepiness takes me...

An hour later...

I woke up from my much-needed rest from the driver that was doing his job. I said thanks in the most polite way possible and tried to grasp the location I'm in right now.

I looked up and said "Wow.." the house was massive and I thought to myself I got the bag when I found this job and it was so easy. I shake my head as I didn't know if the employer was an asshole or not but I guess I'll see.

(777 words)