Part 19: Along the way

Zhongli's POV:

(Mostly dialog in this chapter)
Time skip 3 months

It's been a few months since Childe has been pregnant and it's been the roughest tune I've had in a long time. When Chili's mom was pregnant, it wasn't peaceful but it was more or less quiet. It was like that cause of work and getting myself ready as a young man not paying attention to her, or should I say them. Now that's not the case and I've taken work off for him and our child I could say I'm tired already and it hasn't even been six months yet.

In the months of Childe unknowingly having my Childe, he was distant and wasn't talking that much. I had the feeling something was wrong and he could be depressed or even thinking of aborting the poor thing but it was the opposite and was what he thinking of me.

After we talked about it, we were about to conclude that we wanted a baby and add a member to the family. While I was off of work I was thinking of taking them out and that is what I did take them to every place they wanted to go. I was spoiling them rotten and I was happy about that. Seeing them smiling having fun at Disneyland, eating at restaurants, walking on the streets of India. We were just going everywhere that they brought up to make memories to last a lifetime.

Now we are currently in Korea in the busy streets passing food stalls and eating everything we found delicious on display. Childe said he wasn't missing the opportunity to go watch one of his favorite K-pop groups of the century, wanting to see them and jump and have fun even tho his baby bump was showing just a little bit.

It was almost September and the weather was pretty chilly at this time. Which Chili in my hand we went to a mall that had everything that Childe have ever wanted and of course I was going to buy it for him like the good boyfriend that I am.

He bought almost every plush pillow, keyring, skim care product, clothes, and much more. He said if I was buying it he wasn't going to bother about budget since I don't even know that word in the first place.

Once out of the mall, my hands were full of bags I could lift but my hands are tired after all of that shopping. We were going to our rented car when we saw a Strange looking person inspecting it as if he was me looking for a nice steal in GTA. Childe noticed this and looked at me in worry as we approach the man hesitantly.

Chile picked up Chili in such a hurry he was scared to shit. Already looking like he shit his pants we still go up to the man.

"Hey! What are you looking for in here?" I said releasing pheromones already pissed he has my future husband scared for his life.

"Oh, nothing at all sir." He said as he walked away normally as if he wasn't looking to rob it. After that, we both got in the car. Childe puts Chili in the back seat with his seat. When done he came back and sighed heavily.

"What is it, babe?"

"Nothing much. Just tired right now."

"Ok, if anything you should nap until we get home."

I didn't even have to say that to him since he was out cold, snoring his life away. I chuckled at how cute he looked while sleeping and I just started to the car and drove us home.

...

It's the next day and Childe is exhausted after yesterday, walking around is tiring when pregnant so I'll just take care of Chili in this apartment for the day.

I'm currently in Chili's room watching over him as I'm on my phone watching videos cause I'm bored.

"Daddy, why is Dad always tired all the time?" He asked as he was now in front of me surprisingly I didn't notice and jumped a little until I saw who it was.

"Well, do you know when you're pregnant, the baby is take energy from you and feeds from him to grow into a cute baby like you," I said trying to explain the most simple way I could.

"Ok, Daddy I understand." He said then when back his Lego set he built with me earlier.

I hear the door open behind me. I turn around to see a very tired Childe behind me. We sluggishly walked towards, sitting on my lap niggling into my scent gland. Where been mates for a month and I have never been such a happy man in my life. With him having my child in a few months and us living together I couldn't say that I wasn't happy with what was going on currently in my life.

"What are we going to eat for dinner later~," He said pretty sleepy. He doesn't like being alone but he knows I have to take care of Chili so he doesn't whine as much as he did the previous month. He's more clingy now and I just love it, not like I'm going to say it to his face of course.

"I don't know, you would have to choose since you're so picky now."

"Ugh, you don't gotta fucking remind me, old man. I just wish I could eat ramen again." He said with a pout. I chuckled at his cuteness. He looked at me a then glared at me for laughing.

"Are you laughing at me now?" With a puff of anger, he got up and went to Chili that was too distracted to even notice that Childe had entered the room.
When he did he stood up quickly and ran to him hugging his knees.

"Dad! What took you so long? I thought you forgot about me~" He said with these doggy eyes. Childe knew what that meant and lifted him like a baby. He loves being lifted by him but looks at me with disgust when I do it. Kids I tell ya.

"I could never forget you, my big baby."
He said then bopping his nose then pinching it slightly.

"Hey, I'm not a kid anymore! I'm turning the first of November and I'm going to be six!" He said putting out six fingers. It was so cute I had to jump in.

"No one is going to forget it. It's in six months which means your brother might be born in November too." I said rubbing his soft hair. He looked up at me with his eyes sparking almost.

He gasps and then ran back to this little toy notepad we bought him. He started to write down things I didn't know what but all I know is that he's happy with what I said and is pretty much doing whatever his little or bug brain is going to write down.

I wrapped my hands around Childe's waist bringing my nose to his scent gland, rubbing my nose into it, licking it making him shiver.

"S-stop, Chili's here." He whispered to me. I turned him around making him touch my chest.

"Then let's go where he isn't supposed to be then," I said then licking his ear lobe.

He giggled and then wrapped his arms around my neck. I lean down kissing him everywhere to his neck.

"You should giggle like that or you'll have to take responsibility."

He looked at me with shock then babackedway. "We shouldn't do it here..."

"I know that sweetie. Let's go somewhere else." I said then grabbed his hand and led him to our shared bathroom.

...

The trip to Korea was one of the best family memories I've had in a long time. Even though we went to Disneyland and Argentina to climb mountains and look at the sights. There we were able to have family moments and get to learn more about each other feeling the bond that was getting even stronger as the months go by I feel like this is going to be a fun adventure through life and all it brings to me.

(1375 words)