Part 10: Something special

Childe POV:

I was now just staring into nowhere after what just happened. I couldn't process what was happening since it started and finished quickly. I just needed some time but I still had work to do today.

I opened back the door and headed to the kitchen but I now just realized I haven't eaten all day and I was beginning to feel light head from dehydration and "starvation" I just needed something to eat and I hope the boss got over his mood swing from this morning cause I feel like I'm going to collapse if I don't eat.

I entered the kitchen with my hand on my head. Thankfully I saw Leyla there.

"Hey, Miss Leyla!" I whisper and yelled. I got her attention and she turned towards me "Can I please have water and anything to eat, I haven't eaten all day.." She looked surprised and quickly got a water bottle and some leftover breakfast that was meant for me this morning.

"Thank you," I said and gave her a small tired smile. She smiled back and nodded her head.

"Umm...Miss Leyla, what is going on here?" I heard a loud similar voice behind me. You would get to be kidding me, I should have come out later, forgot he was fucking home today.

"No, no nothing at all sir!!" She took the food and put it in a slot that's underneath the counter.

He gave her a not-so-believable look and turned to me. Ugh, I hate this guy already and it's been only a week. He come right behind me he was towering over me I think he's 6'5, 6'3? I don't know but he looks like a giant from my height now that I got a proper look at him.

"Miss Leyla I would like for you to set up as soon as possible a person for my rut. It's coming pretty soon since it's almost the end of the month. You got that?" He said pretty calmly after yelling at me a few minutes ago. Gosh, he could at least be nice to me once in a while.

"Ok, sir I will find a lady or gentleman to suit your needs. Is there anything else I should be informed about?" She said looking nervous. I don't know why she's nervous but he does look intimidating.

"No."

"Okay, sir."

I felt kinda in the middle of something really important and kinda invisible. Does he not care that I'm right here or is he ignoring me on purpose? Such a sly guy and it's makes me disgusted that I gotta work with this fool.

Suddenly a ringtone was heard. I checked my phone even though I don't have anyone but Chongyun to call in my contacts. As I thought it wasn't for me. Zhongli went off into his world with the phone call, on with his business. When he was gone Leyla took back out the food and gave it to me.

"Thanks again," I whisper and then left quickly so the big bad wolf wouldn't pop out again.

The next day...

I got ready as usual and went to get Chili ready for breakfast. It was now the second week of this god-awful job but working for such a cute baby, it was all worth it. When I got inside the room I saw Zhongli there having Chili on his shoulder.

"Umm... aren't I supposed to be taking care of him? I'm the babysitter so I should take him from you-"

"Can't I take care of my fucking child? I came here since I have the day off again. If you would excuse me I would love some alone time with him." He said harshly but quietly so he doesn't wake him.

I almost roll my eyes at him but I control myself. I wasn't about to get scolded for rolling my eyes so I just kept my cool for now at least.

"Ok, sir. I'll be downstairs in the dining room."