Chapter 64: My Darling

Tessa's outfit above.

Amelia Black

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I try to make up the pieces from last night. I remember saying goodbye to Adam and then leaving with Tessa.

My cousin Julian aka Nicole's situationship came up with a plan for us to take as much money as we could. See, grandpa made his announcement yesterday which was a Friday so his bank won't be able to cut us off till Monday so basically my cousins decide to purge on things they can later sell for their money (solid assets).

Unlike my brother who started buying random stocks yesterday, I didn't want anything to do with that.

It was a Friday night and I knew there were a lot of parties so I called Nicole and found out she, Cam and their fashion friends were was having a party at Tyler's house so I dragged my Tessa and we went.

I told my friends what happened but didn't really feel like talking about it. Tyler was nowhere to be found and he's the one that gives the best advice.

"I'm so sorry. If you need anything, we're gonna be here." Nicole says, hugging me tight.

"I think I'm just angry about everything I missed out on. Do you remember how strict my parents were when we growing up? I had so many rules."

"And bodyguards." Jasmine adds.

"Exactly! I never had any freedom and now it's all been for nothing."

My parents controlled every aspect of my life, including the person I get to love. My mum arranged me being best friends with Emily and Nicole since we were in preschool.

They believed that when the time came for me to take over in my dad's company, my record had to be a hundred percent clean.

"So are you like poor now?" Camilla asks bluntly.

"Not really."

"You honestly have nothing to worry about. My dad cuts me off like every two years but then he comes back practically begging me to take his money back." Brian says and Tara agrees with him. "Yeah, I always say this; if your parents punish you, punish them back. It hurts them."

Jasmine looks at her in disbelief. "What are you talking about? Only a white person says shit like that."

"My parents are white washed." Tara shrugs and Jasmine just rolls her eyes at her.

"This isn't our parents, it's our grandfather. No one can go against him." Tessa informs them.

"He is without doubt the most powerful man in this city." Nicole indicates.

And truer words were never spoken.

But did that mean he could treat his own family without any respect? He made this decision without any regard to our feelings. I know most of us are super spoiled and have no idea what true challenges of the world are but he could have given a better approach to his decision.

No he's created this thing where it's everyone for themselves. The cousins are going to start competing against each other to get their inheritance.

I'm in a place where I don't actually know how much money I have but now it's like I have to start think about money. I like having a comfortable life. Do I need to get a real job now?

After the party, Wesley brought Tessa and I back home and she and I ended up crashing in my bedroom.

Adam was treating me like glass. He thought I was going to break so he treated me very carefully. I could tell he didn't feel good about me going to Tyler's but he never said anything.