Chapter 17 : Love is about to Bloom

"Putra, why are you dozing off? I have been noticing from the start," Draupadi pointed out.

Prativindhya blinked rapidly, "Yes...yes...Mata...you are right."

Draupadi looks at Sutasoma and Satanika raising her brows wanting an explanation about what happened to their Jyest.

"Mata, seems like Jyest is lost in someone's thoughts," Satanika teases.

Draupadi smiles and looks at her eldest son.

"Who is so lucky to be roaming in my sons mind?" she asks hiding her smile.

Prativindhya glared at Satanika and Sutasoma who were snickering then turned to his mother.

"I was...just thinking...Mata..." Prativindhya stuttered.

"About?" Draupadi enquired.

"About Rajkumari Siyaanshi Mata," Sutasoma answered on his behalf.

"Siyaanshi? I never heard this name before. Who is she?" Draupadi asks curious.

"Areeh....Soma..." Prativindhya tried to stop but his brothers were faster.

"Mata she is Princess of Videhi Kingdom. She came at the coronation ceremony. Apparently Jyest took a liking at her," Satanika said smirking.

Prativindhya was flustered and couldn't look at his mother at all. Draupadi chuckles and gave Prativindhya a teasing look.

"You are no one to talk, Soma. I clearly remember Maya whom you are sending letter to," Prativindhya accused.

Now it's time for Sutasoma to blush. He was closing and opening his mouth like a fish. He didn't except his Jyest to sell him like this.

"And for your information Mata, Maya is the 2nd eldest Princess of Videhi," Satanika completed his job of selling his brothers.

Both brothers are now glaring at Satanika who is smirking at them fearlessly.

"Mata...will you tell something to him? This child is out of control," Sutasoma groaned.

Draupadi giggled seeing her sons selling each other out. Now Prativindhya and Sutasoma can't even look at her.

"It's actually good Mata. Let them took fancy at other women then I will get the most beautiful woman of Aryavarta more to myself," Satanika hugged his mother tightly.

Yudhisthir and Bheem was looking at them amused. They have seen so many sides of Draupadi. They are discovering her every day. She has been both a father and a mother, a teacher, an instructor to her children. Now they are seeing that she is their friend as well. Yudhisthir remembers one time Draupadi told him friendship is the base of every relationship. And she has that with her children as well which all over Aryavarta is rare. In Aryavarta women are more busy with their duties as wife rather than being a mother. He remembers Devika never interfered in Yudhey's education. Where Draupadi was constantly guiding her sons in their education and training.

Prativindhya and Sutasoma are trying to catch Satanika who is hiding behind their mother.

"Maa, save me from these hungry tigers," Satanika screamed.

"You come here. Today you are done for," Sutasoma chewed his words and tried to catch Satanika.

The room was filled with their laughter. Yudhisthir and Bheem smiled warmly. Now nice it would have been if they could also enjoy time with them! It's true, they are with them now but not the way they should have.

Three of them ran out chasing Satanika. Draupadi shook her head smiling. May their unity always stays like this, she prayed.

"Yuvani, where is my Suthanu?" Draupadi asks.