Chapter 123 : Upcoming War

"Maa, I am fine.." Satanika groans.

"Lay down, young man," Draupadi glares at him.

Suddenly Satanika has a very high fever. He didn't say that to anyone. He was coughing for a few days and suddenly a few hours ago, he vomited during breakfast.

"Can't believe you got this sick. You were fine stealing my Vijaya while I prayed even this morning," Karna says.

Despite being sick Satanika stole his Vijaya while he was praying to Suryanarayana. Even when he could sense it, he couldn't break his prayer. After he turned around finally, Satanika was gone so was his Vijaya. Karna sighs. This has become a daily matter for him. Satanika and Shrutakarma usually do the stealing. They tried to coerce Abhimanyu a few days ago about doing that. That innocent child came and ask Karna to have his Vijaya instead. Satanika and Shrutakarma were never ashamed more. Who asks for permission?

"Stop blaming my son, Karna. My poor child is sick," Draupadi scolds him.

Satanika smirks despite his condition which doesn't go unnoticed by Karna and his fathers. All look at Nakula with fed up eyes.

"Please stop looking at me. I play no part in his schemes," Nakula sighs frustrated.

"It's just we get terrible flashbacks, Nakula. You had to have a son who is your junior version," Bheema groans.

"How is it my fault? Panchali gave birth to him!" Nakula shirks.

"Shut up you all. Panchali is so concerned," Yudhisthira sits beside Draupadi.

"Arya Nakula, Arya Sahadeva why is the fever so high?" Draupadi asks worried.

"Putra, did you bathed in rain or something? You got a terrible cold," Sahadeva says worriedly.

Satanika's mind plays back his little water sport with Devasena but he starts mum. He looks at Karna from the corner of his eyes who was looking at him his eyebrows raised. Satanika slowly closes his eyes. He better not test him anymore today.

"Maa, my head aches so badly," Satanika snuggles in his mother's lap.

Draupadi is no better. Satanika is sick, but it seems like Draupadi is suffering more than him.

"My little boy, I will massage your head. Nakula is it fine if I use hot oil?" Draupadi asks.

"It's better if you don't. Oil has cooling effect on our scale. He might get more sick. But you can massage his chest, palms and feet. I will tell the maids," Nakula says.

Draupadi gently begins to massage his head and forehead. Satanika smiles boyishly snuggling to her lap more.

"Why do I feel he is pretending?" Sutasoma speaks his doubt.

Satanika begins to cough hearing that. No, he is sick. Why doesn't anyone believe him?

"Maa, I don't like these noise," he groans.

"Of course. Everyone get out," Draupadi shoos them away.

"Panchali, the medication is given. He will be...." Nakula tries to interfere.

"NOW,"

"Let's go out Nakula. If it comes to her sons, all her senses fly away," Karna pulls the twins outside.

All of them leave and Draupadi stays there Satanika in her lap. He snores lightly after some time. Draupadi couldn't bring herself to remove his head from her lap. He looks so much as his younger self while sleeping.

"When did you grow up? Now you are a worthy warrior and asset of your motherland," Draupadi says fondly.

Satanika has Nakula's dusky complexion. Her ocean blue orbs but Nakula's gorgeous uncontrollable curls in her blueish black color. His feathers are like his father mostly. That pointed nose, sharp jawline, piercing gaze. Though he grew taller than his father which Nakula often frowns about. But he screams that he is her son. His gait, his bold way of speaking, his courage. Among all her sons, he poses a few traits of hers only.