Chapter 39 : A Permanent Damage

Bheem sighs as he takes off the jeweleries. It's been two years they are in Devapath and all the things they have discovered only broke them even more. He is said to be the strongest warrior on earth, but he feels weak compared to Panchali. This woman has tolerated things that people will shiver in fear only by imagining. Why? Why did she has to endure all of this? Why couldn't it be anyone else? Why her?

Bheem has noticed. Though she laughs and talks cheerfully, her eyes are void. It has no emotions in them. Her smile fells off the moment her sons are out of her sight. Her soft nature has completely changed. Her aura holds the fire of vengeance in them. She is not the same person anymore. Why? She eats the smallest of portion like an hermit as she vowed. She lives like a widow despite them being alive. Her open hair is a continuous wound in his heart. The luscious curls that only the five of them have seen open, is now for everyone to see.

She had disowned them in the Sabha. But can relationships wash away that easily? Those 20 years of their marriage meant nothing to her? She didn't ever bother to know how they are doing at all. She is only focused on her sons who has grown up different than the other princes in Aryavarta. They have their mother as their mentor who shares a different and unique point of view in this time.

She is different than any other woman he has came across to. Valandhara and she cannot be compared in any way. Valandhara is an extremely arrogant woman. Bloodline, status, wealth is her world. And that's the reason she despises Hidimba to no end. She couldn't believe when he told her about Hidimba. She looked at him in disbelief and disguist for a second then strictly telling him she will never live under the same roof as Hidimba. Bheem accepted it because he knows Hidimba will stay with their son. But Draupadi didn't like it. She would invite Hidimba time to time and while she stayed, Hidimba got the most right as his eldest wife. As she was the Samragni, Valandhara couldn't disagree with her decision. And that infuriated her to no end.

Sutasoma is gentle and soft spoken unlike him. And that actually made him unique than anyone. Bheem knows a warriors strongest weapon is his calm down. And among his brothers only Arjun posses it. Sutasoma is very obedient to his mother and her every words is his dharma. His son, his beloved Sutasoma. When he was born, possessing his mother's milky white complexion and solemness, people were awed. Such a well behaved and soft spoken prince is unheard of. Pitamah Bhism was really fond of Sutasoma for his solemn nature.

Sutasoma and Prativindhya are only a year apart. So basically they are very close to each other. Sutasoma never reacted to Valandhara's taunts unlike his brothers. He would continue to do what he was doing without paying any head to her which added oil to the fire most of the time. Sutasoma as himself is a mace user but he excels in all sort of weapons now. He got Draupadi's talent in writing poems.

During these two years, Bheem was appointed to Sutasoma. Sutasoma never once ordered him, never treated him like a slave. To him, he is his elder so he can't order him like that. His mother's pain has left a deep cut in his heart. Some nights he would end up screaming as he wakes up sweating badly. Then he would cry curling beside the fire place. Bheem's heart broke when once he saw him holding the pendant he gave him when he saw born. His Pitashree Pandu gave him that when he was a kid. He gave it to his son when he was born. And he said to Sutasoma to pass that to his grandson in future.

His relationship with Sutasoma wasn't bad or good either. Unlike his brothers he couldn't bring himself to abuse his son. Whenever he would look at him, Draupadi's face will surface. But Valandhara made sure their father son bond never blooms. Her maniac behavior towards Sutasoma, made even Bheem embarrassed at times. So, he forbade his son to enter his palace.

Sutasoma looked at him for a brief moment. Though his face was neutral, his eyes represented how broken he felt. His own father has asked him to never come to him again. He bent down took his blessings and never came in front of him again. After that day, Bheem never saw his son around him. He would train alone with his brothers. He won't even sit down at dinner.