Chapter 49 : Kunti's Confession

"Maa, don't worry. We will make sure bhratas don't sneak into your chamber to meet bhabishrees," Shrutkarma promises. His eyes filled with mischief.

Draupadi bit her lips to stop smiling, "I know you will."

The guests have retired to their chambers and the brides are resting in Draupadi's chamber.

"Go and rest too. You all are also tired," Draupadi instructs her sons.

Making sure everyone has slept, Draupadi moved to the garden. Pandavas were still awake laying carelessly on the mattresses. They were talking about how many kings have came and the relationship between them. As soon as Draupadi's blue lotus fragnance came to their nose, they sat up.

"Panchali, why aren't you resting?" Sahadev asks.

"I came to rest," saying Draupadi began to lay the mattress on the floor as well.

"Panchali, you can't sleep here. Go to your chamber," Arjun says.

Draupadi nods her head in negative and sits on her bed. Pandavas looked at her with love filled eyes. The Samragni of Aryavarta, the pampered daughter of Maharaj Draupad is lying on the floor with them. The support they have been yearning to have for years, they have it now. They finally feel stronge.

"Satanika aur Shrutakarma kintne chanchal Hein, Panchali. Ek shran bhi sthir nehi rehte," Bheem says.

(Satanika and Shrutakarma are really restless. They don't sit calmly for a bit.)

"Shukar kijihe ki shrif itna kar rehe Hein. Aab mein yaha hu, pata nehi Baki oko Kitna tang kar rehe Hein. Inn dono ke janm ka paschat Mera chyan nehi Raha," Draupadi says.

(Be thankful that's the only they are doing. Now that I am here, don't know how much they are teasing the others. After their birth, my peace was stolen from me.)

Pandavas chuckles while Arjun and Nakul shared a proud look.

"Arjun aur Nakul bhi ese hi the, Panchali. Ek shran ke liye bhi Mata saas nehi le pati thi," Yudhisthir smiles.

(Arjun and Nakul were like this too, Panchali. Mata couldn't even breath for them.)

"Arya Yudhisthir, aap Suthanu ki vivah mein sammilit Kyu nehi huye? Aap to yaha the," Draupadi asks.

(Arya Yudhisthir, why didn't you join Suthanu's wedding? You were here.)

Immediately Yudhisthir's smile fall, "We wanted to, Panchali. But Vasudev said it isn't the time. But .."

"But?"

"Suthanu knew about us," Arjun says.

Draupadi eyes widen, "She knew? Why didn't she tell me?"

"She wanted to. But we forbade her," Sahadev says.

"You know Suthanu is expecting, right?" Draupadi asks.

"Yes and Bhanu will be punished for it," Nakul promises.

Draupadi looked at him confused. Why will Bhanu be punished?

"He dared touch our daughter," Bheem growls.

Draupadi looks at them in disbelief. They are angry with Bhanu for what?

Suddenly Draupadi placed a hand on her heart. Her heart filled with joy as she heard a faint wail of a child. Her lips tugged in a smile.

Pandavas were confused seeing her like this.

"Panchali, what happened?" Bheem asks.

"Radhey's son is born," Draupadi says.

Pandavas mood worsen. Not because of the child but they recalled the deep connection she shares with Karn now. So much they feel each other all the time.