Chapter 24 : Suthanu's Marriage

This day started with huge arrangements. Draupadi didn't sleep for the last two days preparing for today. Today is the wedding.

"Padma, woke Suthanu up and tell her to take a ritual bath," Draupadi orders.

"Yuvani...Uff...no no...Yuvani go to her. She takes a lot to wake up. Padma you take this clothes in her chamber," Draupadi hurries.

Not only Yudhisthir but also all Pandavas gathered in Suthanu's chamber. Their heart heavy with the pain of separation. They entered the chamber to find her sleeping peacefully.

"Putri," Bheem gently took her head on his lap.

Suthanu only snuggled more to the the pillow.

"Let me sleep, Pitashree..." she mumbles.

"Putri, you should wake up," Sahadev ruffled her hair.

Suthanu nods her head as no and continues to sleep. Pandavas looked at each other melting in her cuteness.

"Putri, you maa has ordered you to take a ritual bath," Yudhisthir says softly.

Suthanu's eyes snapped open hearing maa. She sat up.

"Maids have prepared your bath, Putri. Go," Arjun urges her to to take the bath.

Suthanu yearned and left for the huge bathroom in her chamber.

"Jyest, let's get her ready. Panchali will come with the jeweleries later," Nakul says excitedly.

Nakul began to look through the beautiful wedding lehengas that Draupadi is going to choose from.

"Bhrata, I like this very much," Nakul exclaimed pulling out one.

"This is beautiful, bhrata Nakul!" Sahadev exclaims.

After Suthanu came out, Yudhisthir began to comb her hair. Bheem and Arjun draw the alta on her hands. Nakul and Sahadev drew alta on her feets.

They got Suthanu ready in the outfit they choose tearing up now and then.

"Pitashree, none of you will be able to do my kanyadaan," Suthanu lowered her head sadly

Pandavas felt like an arrow pierced their heart. How badly they want to do that, only they know.

"Putri, your Mamashree Satyajit and Dhrishtadyumna has the right more than us," Yudhisthir says softly.

Suthanu stood up, "I won't be able to take your blessings or embrace you after the wedding. Let me take it now."

Suthanu stood Infront of her father Yudhisthir and touched his feet. Yudhisthir first time in his life was at lose of words. His hands trembled as he pulled her up and embraced her to his chest. Tears flowed with no bounds. How can he see his daughter getting married? She will have a new identity from now on.