Chapter 125 : Star for the Moon

Draupadi, Karna and Bheema frowns looking at Sutasoma. They have been calling him for good 5 minutes. Who knows what he is thinking so much!

Draupadi smiles. His face looks so comical this way.

She ruffles his head, "Chanda!"

Sutasoma's thoughts break when his mother touches him. He immediately turns red hearing the nickname she used to call him when he was younge.

"Maa," he groans in embarrassment.

"Panchali, what's the use of us giving out sons names? You nicknamed each of them," Bheem scoffs.

"What's troubling you so much, Putra?" Karna nudges his shoulder affectionately.

"What's troubling my Chanda?" Draupadi asks again.

"Maa, Maya is so sick," Sutasoma sighs.

Three of them are immediately alarmed. Draupadi stands up.

"Why didn't you say this before? What happened? Is the ved here?" she is already out of the meeting chamber.

Sutasoma follows behind Karna and Bheema, "I don't know, Maa. Maya insists it's not something serious. She only needs rest."

"What's the symptoms?" Draupadi asks.

"She has been throwing up. Nausea all morning and can't eat anything. Even her favorite fishes. She feels weak all over," Sutasoma says.

Draupadi, Bheema and Karna halts on their steps. Three of them look at each other.

"Malini, inform the female veds immediately. And call Mata Kunti," Draupadi smiles.

"Maa, why are you smiling? Dadishree Kunti? Why Maa? Is this something serious?" Sutasoma turns pale.

Bheema and Karna pats his shoulders encouraging. Draupadi smiles shaking her head she alone enters Maya's chamber.

"Why are you all smiling?" Sutasoma asks them confused.

Outside Maya and Sutasoma's chamber everyone is waiting impatiently. Sutasoma is now visibly panicking. What's so wrong for his mother to call everyone of the family here?

"Calm down, bhrata," Satanika holds his brothers shoulder.

"I can't, Satanika. What happened to Maya? She was fine a few days ago. How could I be so careless?" Sutasoma's voice breaks.

"I will ask Maa again for permission to enter, bhrata. Don't worry. Bhabishree will be fine," Shrutasena sends a maid inside again.

Right now all of them are anxious about Maya. A ved male or female doesn't matter now.

The door opens a few minutes later. Instead the maids, Padma welcomes them inside smiling. Sutasoma runs inside first with Shrutasena.

Pandavas and others follow behind. Karna only has a smile on his lips. If Draupadi's heart is filled with happiness, the news of course is happy. And from clueless Sutasoma, he has an idea beforehand.

Maya has her face buried in Draupadi's chest. Her mother in law is showering her with kisses of love.

"Maya," Sutasoma calls anxiously.

Maya doesn't remove her face from Draupadi's chest. Instead she snuggles more in her arms. Draupadi also holds her lovingly. Sutasoma sits on the foot of bed near his Maa's feet.

"Panchali, is everything okay?" Yudhisthira asks first.

Draupadi smiles tenderly, "My Chanda will become a father soon. Everything is more than okay, Arya."