Chapter 58 : The Right Time

Vrishaketu's cries woke Draupadi up. She hurriedly went to his cradle.

"Putra, what happened?" she touches his chest.

Vrishaketu was afraid hearing the jackals and couldn't sleep. Draupadi picks him up.

"So, my brave son is scared. Let's go punish those jackals, okay? My lion son shouldn't be afraid of anything," Draupadi cooes at him.

Vrishaketu snuggles in her chest finding the warmth he desperately needed. His wailing turned into sniffles soon.

Draupadi exited the hut carefully so her husbands don't wake up. She looked back in the hut and Bheem has rolled on her side. Thank God she is up otherwise she would be under his huge body by now.

"So, Putra where are the jackals? See they are afraid now that you have come out," Draupadi talks in her baby voice.

Vrishaketu also looks around scared. What if those jackals come out? What if they attack his mother?

"See, they aren't here," Draupadi walks to beside the fountain which has become her favorite place.

Vrishaketu felt safe in her arms. No one can touch him. His mother will punish anyone who dares to harm him anyway.

"Waaa," he made sounds to make his mother look at him.

"Yes, Rajkumar. What has happened?" Draupadi kisses his small fists.

He giggles throwing his hand and legs up.

"Seems like you are in very playful mood. I am too. Let's play, okay?" Draupadi sits down and lays him on her thigh.

She covers Vrishnaketu's eyes, "Where is my Vrisha?"

Vrishaketu giggles as Draupadi removes her hand from his eyes.

"Here he is. And look how handsome he has become!" Draupadi cooes.

Vrishaketu bursts into giggles. Draupadi tickled his tummy by her nose.

"How energetic my son is! In a few years he will he taller than me. Then you can't lay on my lap anymore," Draupadi says.

Vrishaketu stops and looks at his Mata. Why won't he be able to lay on her lap?

He catches the thing close to him which was a fistful of his Mata's hair. He was hungry and began to chew on it.

"Ewww....don't eat my hair, Vrisha," Draupadi removes her hair from his mouth.

Vrishaketu couldn't speak. So he touched her chest and looked at her.

"You are hungry, Putra," Draupadi says.

Under the moonlight, Draupadi fed him as she sat down under the tree. Her minds going back to the times when her sons took birth. She herself didn't know much about pregnancy and children when Prativindhya was born. She was so nervous. Yudhisthir guided her lovingly. He was experienced because he took care of his brothers. He helped him take care of Prativindhya.

"Panchali," Sahadev calls from behind.

Draupadi immediately became self conscious. She wrapped the odhni around her chest. Fortunately Sahadev sat on the other side of the tree in her relief. He didn't even try to come near her.

Sahadev smiles. Her modesty is one of her best qualities that made him love her more everyday.

"I am sorry, Arya. Did I disturb your sleep?" Draupadi asks.

"I couldn't sleep. I was about to consol Vrishaketu when you took him out," Sahadev answers.

He didn't lie. He was following Draupadi. She was coaxing Vrishaketu so lovingly. Then she played with him. How mesmorizing the sight was! Maybe that's why children are the most befitting on their mothers lap. Sahadev wasn't around her when she gave birth. But he can tell his sons has received their mother's love immensely.