Chapter 126 : Opening their Hearts

"Krishnaa, it doesn't suit you to cry for the future. Do your work, don't be concerned over the outcome," Krishna says.

At night, Draupadi meets Krishna in the garden. She needs to discuss and that too uninterrupted.

"Sakha, a woman's most valuable possession is her self respect. I gambled with mine. A woman's strength is her husband. I lost them in dyutsabha. Sakha, I am aware this war requires sacrifice. But whose? I want to know,"

"Krishnaa, does it matter now? If something is bound to happen, how can we stop it?"

"Sakha, losing everything, my sons are the reason of my living. Losing them one by one? Sakha, do you have any idea what you are saying? Ask for my life instead. It's on your feet. Don't ask for my sons..."

Krishna looks at Draupadi disappointed, "This is not my Krishnaa. You can't be. These words represents a coward. Not the Samragni of Aryavarta."

Draupadi lowers her eyes, "Sakha..."

"Krishnaa, this war is the fate of Aryavarta. This doesn't reply on you alone. You cannot expect sweet fruits from a tree that's rotten. Cutting the branches won't work. You need to uproot the tree. Sakhi, you might forgive and live with what you endured. But what about other women of Aryavarta? Bhrata Yudhisthira has made it a trend to bet women in gamble. Before coming here, Dao sentenced some men to death for doing this sin,"

Draupadi stays silent.

"Krishnaa, imagine Suthanu, Nandini, Siyaanshi, Maya your daughters on your place. In that Dyut Sabha. No one to protect them, no one to listen to their pleas. You want the same fate you had for others as well?"

Krishna's words felt like acid in Draupadi's heart. So cruelly he uttered those words. Does he not know how it makes her heart bleed?

"This war isn't so simple to start as well. My sons are living with this thought so it won't be hard on them. But your beloved Pandavas? What about them? Whom are they fighting for?" Draupadi questions.

Krishna looks at her silently.

"Sakha, Mahamahim Bhism, Guru Dronachaya filled out the empty place of a father for them. You are telling me to believe that Pandavas will raise their weapon against them? One cry from their uncle and they won't forgive those Kauravs? While I was being disrobed, they didn't bat an eye. Now you are telling me they will fight for my sake. I find it too hard to believe,"

"Why do you think that?"

"I feel whatever the result of this war will be, I will be blamed by them. If the war is a must, tell your Pandavas to stay out of it. My sons, my old father and brother are enough. Besides don't I have  you? You are the one promised to get me justice, you are the one who promised me this war,"

"Sakhi, your five husbands who are the greatest warriors on earth, you want me to bring you justice rather than them?" Krishna asks softly.

Draupadi let's out a chuckle, "The world will question them anyway. Why Arjuna didn't protest? Why Yudhisthira gave such orders? Why their brothers accepted this union? I don't think one more question on them changes a lot."

"Sakhi, you think about me this way? I won't force them to fight on your stead as well. Actually, I didn't want to tell you. But there's a condition of war from my stead,"

"What is it, sakha?" Draupadi asks.

"Six of you need to clear your hearts. So many things that should have been said, remain unsaid. You also have so many questions in your heart. Pandavas owe you the answers. They need to see how you really feel,"