Chapter 87 : The Future

"Bhrata," Draupadi touches Dhrishtadyumna's feet.

"Draupadi, how are you?" Dhrishtadyumna embraced her smiling.

"I am well bhrata. How are you? How is Pitashree and Mata?" Draupadi bombers him with questions.

"Let me breath for a second. I am well. Everyone else is too," Dhrishtadyumna chuckles.

"Pranipath Mamashree," Shrutasena touches his feet.

Dhrishtadyumna ruffles his hair lovingly, "Stay blessed, Putra."

Pandavas didn't dare come in front of Dhrishtadyumna. Karn greeted him first. Other followed him. But Dhrishtadyumna didn't even acknowledge their greetings.

"Yuvraj, how are you doing? How is Pitashree and Mata Prishati?" Yudhisthir asks.

"They are well, Samrat. Hope you are doing fine making my sister work like a maid here," Dhrishtadyumna taunts.

"Bhrata," Draupadi warns.

"I didn't come here to exchange greetings. I came here to ask you about your future plans. What are you going to do? Will you participate in the war as well or do I count you six out?" Dhrishtadyumna asks.

Karn gulps. Dhrishtadyumna doesn't know that he needs to fight along Kuruvansa. It will be disastrous to make him understand it.

"Yuvraj, of course we will fight to avenge our wife. It's our foremost duty," Bheem says.

"Foremost duty you say. I have seen how much you five are responsible already," Dhrishtadyumna mocks.

"Bhrata, that's enough," Draupadi interferes strongly this time.

Dhrishtadyumna didn't say anything after that.

"Draupadi Pitashree wanted to tell you something. Not you actually but to your husbands," Dhrishtadyumna says.

"Then convey them the message," Draupadi says.

Dhrishtadyumna looks at Yudhisthir, "Samrat, Pitashree wanted me to tell you that if you decide to wage war, the soldiers of Panchal will be on your side," Dhrishtadyumna says.

Pandavas looks at each other clearly grateful and happy.

"We pay our best regards to Maharaj Draupad. The soldiers of Panchal will be our biggest strength," Arjun says.

"And with that. Draupadi, they will go to Agyatvas after some weeks. Why must you undergo that? You know how hard it will be for you to hide. Come to Panchal or Devapath for that one year," Dhrishtadyumna says.

Pandavas looks at Draupadi. They don't wish for Panchali to feel any discomfort but again separation from her for a year? Why?

"No Bhrata I can't leave them," Draupadi refuses.

Dhrishtadyumna grew anxious, "Samrat, let me take her away with me. God knows how she will live in Agyatvas. She is the Samragni of Aryavarta, Maharani of divine Devapath, the only princess of Panchal. I can't see her living like a  beggar."

Pandavas also wanted the same for her and not push her away from them all together.

"Bhrata, my honor, my identity is with them. How is my honor any different from theirs? I will won't leave them," Draupadi says determined.

"Yuvraj, we promise you Priye won't face any trouble in Agyatvas," Arjun promises.

"You promise Arjun? You of all people? You think I buy one word that you say?" Dhrishtadyumna glares at him.