Chapter 20 : The Bond of Souls

"Sena, what is happening?" Draupadi asks worriedly.

"Mata, he is in coma. His health is too bad. He won't live long ," Satanika says.

"Besides Mata...." Shrutasena was hesitant.

"Tell me, Putra," Draupadi urges.

"Maa, you know of you want to live you have to have the will to survive. But this Brahmin doesn't have any will to survive at all. His mental health is working against every medicine," Shrutasena informs.

"There is no way? Who is his family then? They should stay beside him during this time?" Draupadi says sadly.

That time Krishna entered the infirmary with Arjun.

"Sakhi, why are you so tensed?" Krishna asks.

"Govind, this Brahmin is dying. And I can't do anything to save him," Draupadi says without removing her gaze from him.

"Who said you can't do anything priye Sakhi? You haven't done the soul connection to save him yet," Krishna says.

"How can I do that? Only between husband and wife it happens," Draupadi furrowed her eyebrows.

"But sakhi, this man will die if you don't," Krishna pointed.

Hesitancy was clear on Draupadi's face. Arjun wanted to scream at both of them. Why did his Madhav even suggested that? Why is his Panchali even considering this? Don't they both know how intimate this bond is? It gives both person who does it the ability to feel each other's presence all the time. Neither he nor his brothers have this connection with Panchali. How can she give it to any other man than them?

"Maa, he won't live long. We have to do something if we want to keep him alive," Shrutasena urges.

Draupadi bit the inner of her cheeks. They aren't husband and wife. How will this bond form then? But looking at the Brahmin laying motionless made her change her mind.

"Prepare everything, Satanika," Draupadi says sternly.

Krishna nodded his head in agreement.

Kunti came running hearing it. What if Draupadi is harmed by this? It didn't took long for other Pandavas and Draupadi's sons to arrive as well. Pandavas looked at each other horrified. What is happening? How can this bond take place?

Draupadi was meditating on the floor beside the bed. Satanika and Shrutasena were uttering some mantras beside the Brahmin. Some fragnance of Draupadi's soul will be transferred to him to save him. A fire circle formed around Draupadi as she kept chanting mantras with her eyes closed.

Everyone was waiting anxiously. Some times later, a blinding light appears from Draupadi's chest and slowly it entered in the Brahmin's chest. And some particles also came out of the Brahmin's chest and entered in Draupadi's chest.

Draupadi opened her eyes and the fire circle around her was gone.

"Maa, he is breathing again. His vitals are working," Shrutasena exclaims happily.

Draupadi smiles and stood up.

"Putri, are you fine?" an anxious Kunti asks.

"I am fine, Mata. Let's leave them in the infirmary. They have to treat him," saying that Draupadi leaves with everyone.

Pandavas were too shocked to say anything. Suthanu gazed at them nervously. She followed her fathers' from the infirmary noticing their state.

"Pitashree, it was necessary. Mata wanted to save the Brahmin. That's all," she tried to assure them.