Chapter 5... Eyes on you

You walk through the crowed area trying to find some food. You felt pretty nervous about this, but you have to do it if you want to eat something.

People are dancing all around you, and you feel so left out.. but it's okay. You just need to find where the drinks and stuff were. You will just have to grab them and leave so nobody sees you without your helmet.

You push through the crowd of weird animal people until eventually you find a table with all different kinds of fruit and dessert. There was also some tables you can sit in, but you probably won't since you have to take off your helmet to eat.

There was a line you had to wait in, so you step behind someone which had one of those visor masks. You've seen a lot of people that had these kinds of masks... It still makes you feel uncomfortable.

As you wait for everyone in line to grab a plate and get what they want, you feel someone tapping your shoulder.

You turn around and see what appears to be a snake lady.

???: "How you liking the party so far?"

You guessed she was trying to make some small talk while you both wait in line.

Y/N: "Yeah it's pretty fun. I'm just waiting to get some food though."

The music was kinda loud, so you needed to speak up some.. and of course the hundreds of people didn't help.

???: "Yeah me too. I'm only here so I can get over my ex."

Y/N: "Yeah, I wished I could stay for longer though."

???: "Oh? You're not going to be staying here for long? Why not? It's fun."

Y/N: "Well uh... I promised my friend I would go to his house tonight."

You just had to make up a lie. Hopefully she buys it.

???: "Oh okay. Well that's a shame. By the way, what's your name?"

Okay good she bought it.

Y/N: "You can call me Y/N. What's yours?"

???: "Densantra."

Densantra. You've never heard a name like that before. The line moves up and you grab your paper plate, but you still have to wait before you can start choosing your food.

Densantra: "So what do you do for a living?"

Y/N: "I just work at a hotel."

That was another lie. You have to start asking her questions before she notices that you're nervous.

Y/N: "What about you?"

Densantra: "Oh, I just help build different kinds of drones."

Y/N: "Oh really? What kinds?"