Chapter 42... A Cobra's nest

After spending some time inside the mall, you found a bus to ride in that should take you near where Densantra lives at. You've been to her apartment before, but now you're going back again. Which you didn't mind too much.

You currently say at the back of the bus, which fortunately didn't have too many people inside of it right now. Only a few people that were closer to the front of the bus. You stare out the window as you watch all of the lights, cars, buildings, and people go from the left, and to the right.

Densantra was sitting next to you. Her tail would occasionally lightly touch your shoulder, but you ignored it.

Densantra: "It's been awhile since I've been to my own apartment."

Densantra says quietly. You look over, and you see her with her head turned towards you.

Y/N: "I bet it'll feel nice to be home again."

You respond to her. It was always relieving to return home after a long trip. Maybe you'll feel that kind of relief too one day.

Densantra: "Yeah."

Y/N: "Speaking of which. What do you think is in that tower?"

You speak in a quieter voice than you normally do. You wanted to ask that question to see if she says anything about getting you back home.

Densantra: "I don't know. Could be anything, but probably some stuff about that hornet project."

That would make sense.

Y/N: "Yeah... By the way, I have a question."

Densantra: "Yeah?"

Y/N: "Is there like... Teleportation technology in this city?"

You felt awkward asking that, but it could be a way to get you back home.

Densantra seems hesitant to answer for a second.

Densantra: "Uh... Y-Yes..."

She said that like she wasn't too sure.

Y/N: "It does?"

Densantra: "Yes..."

The way she said it sounded awkward. Something about it just didn't feel right.

Y/N: "You don't sound too sure."

Densantra: "I mean... uh..... It does exist."

She seemed uncomfortable for some reason, but you ignore it. All you needed to know is that teleportation exists, which means you have a way home.

Y/N: "Sweet. That means it's possible for me to go back home."

Densantra: "Yep... Yep."

She looked at the floor of the bus. You weren't too sure why she looked so uncomfortable.

Y/N: "Everything okay?"

She looks at you.

Densantra: "Oh yeah, I'm fine."

Y/N: "Okay, just checking."

You look back out the window. You spend a few seconds enjoying the lights pass by, before you hear Densantra carrying on the conversation.

Densantra took a deep breath... Before turning towards you, and speaking again.

Densantra: "Ya know... You know how to handle yourself."

You stare at you slightly confused.

Y/N: "Whatcha mean?"