Chapter 38... Poly?

Can't believe we're on chapter 38... And I still have ideas for future Chapters...

We're in it for the long run now I guess. Enjoy!

......................................................................

You sigh to yourself as you walked down the road. Amber got her stuff from the rooftop, including the EMP which you'll use against Poly.

Amber carried her bag on her shoulders which hid the EMP from view. You spent a few minutes on the roof so she could improve on the EMP. She also made a way to activate it remotely.

Dome: "Everyone always says 'Motherfucker' but nobody says father fucker... Why?"

Dome randomly says for some reason.

Y/N: "I don't know.. Because fucking your father is weird?"

Dome: "And fucking your mother isn't?"

Y/N: "Good point."

Sapphire: "What makes you even think of this?"

Dome: "Because I haven't said anything in awhile and I wanna talk now."

Sapphire: "Oh, okay."

Weird topic for Dome to bring up, but it was better than just walking down the streets in silence. If it wasn't for the neon lights around the city, it would probably feel extremely gloomy right now. The whole sky was covered in grey clouds, blocking the sun from shining down. However, the purple and blue neon lights and occasionally holographic sign helped slightly.

Dome: "Another question, what's that thing over there?"

Dome points down the road and slightly up. Looks like he's pointing at a drone that was flying through the city. The drone had blue lights on it that would slowly get brighter and brighter... Before getting dimmer and dimmer. It would repeat this process of going brighter and dimmer as it flew in the sky.

Amber: "Ah shit... Alright come on."

Amber turns into a small alleyway, and she leans up against the wall.

Y/N: "Wait what?"

Densantra and Sapphire do the same. As well as Dome.

Densantra: "That's a recon drone. Now get in here before it spots you!"

Y/N: "O-Oh!"

You quickly join the group hiding between the two buildings. You all basically hug that wall as you wait for the drone to fly pass. You watch the blue lights coming from the drone come from the one side to another as it flew pass.

Amber checks around the corner to make sure it doesn't turn back around.

Amber: "Alright, we're good."

You all walk out of the alleyway after hiding from the drone for a second.

Y/N: "So that's a recon drone?"

Densantra: "Yeah, we can't risk it spotting us. But they normally just stick to the roads, so we should be good as long as we hide in the alleyways whenever we see one."

Y/N: "Got it."

Well that kinda sucked. Now you can't walk around normally without worrying about one of those recon drones flying pass... But Densantra said they normally stick to roads, so as long as you can stay quiet.. you shouldn't have to worry too much about them.

Amber: "Almost at the parking garage."

Dome: "Yay! This is the fun part!"

Dome did a small jump in joy.