Chapter 19

🥀

Alexander entered inside the chamber walking behind Jake. Whenever he comes to Daxon's castle he always get fascinated and amused by the beauty of his castle. His castle is dark yet so beautiful. He desires that he also had one like this but he is still not that wealthy and powerful to have one like this.

After wandering his gaze here and there for few minutes he turned his gaze to his front and saw Daxon sitting on his desk. He saw the weather outside from the window behind Daxon and it was gloomy. He was not feeling good. But somehow he pushed away his thoughts and looked at Daxon who was already peering at him with his sharp eyes sternly. He always intimidate him even if he don't let it show on his face but Daxon already knew it.

Daxon gestured him to sit on the chair opposite of him. Alexander walked towards the chair and sat on it. He gulped looking at Daxon making him internally smirked at his tensed actions.

"You called m-me Alpha?" as always Alexander stuttered out. Sweat forming on his forehead because he knew no matter how friendly Daxon acts but still he is his old rival and can break hell on him anytime he feels like and he feared of him most.

"I have to give you some important work which can be done why trusted people only." he said to Alexander making him feel happy internally that Daxon trusts him.

"Yes alpha what it is?" he asked Daxon feeling overwhelmed of emotions.

"There are some chaos going on in small packs situated in the east side of the country. Some rival packs are attacking them wanting them to surrender. They need help and because you are the head of them now so it is your responsibility to look after them." Daxon told his blankly staring at him wanting him to see his reaction.

"B-But Alpha." Alexander stuttered out trying to object his order as soon as Daxon told him the work he wants him to do his happiness jumped out of the windows hearing him.

"What happened don't you complete your responsibilities now? I think I only can trust you in this situation." Daxon said like he is disappointed at Alexander for trying to back off from his responsibility.

"But Beta Jake can also go there and save them they w-why me?" Alexander questioned him making him clutched his fist tightly under the table. If not for Hazel he would surely have snap his neck in a moment.

"This is not so good to run away from your responsibilities, Alexander and ask someone else to fulfill them for you." Daxon said sternly yet mocking him.

"N-no it is not like that Alpha." Alexander said stuttering in nervousness.

"Then how it is, Alexander?" Daxon asked him staring at his face blankly.

"Who will l-look after my pack? I'm the Alpha of nightingale pack and can't leave them alone in danger." Alexander tired to convince Daxon but he is more wicked than Alexander thinks about him.

"Jake will look after the essentials and I'm here also don't worry about your pack." he said internally smirking at the man infront of him.

"I will also send so many skilled guards with you to help you there in the battle ground." Daxon said to Alexander making him more tensed than before because Daxon was not convinced by him at all and he is adamant on his point of sending him to the other side of the country.

Alexander became tensed thinking about Hazel what if behind him she break his rules? What if she try to pull any stunt which will not be in his acceptance?

"Jake make the guards ready as soon as possible because Alexander has to get away from here as soon as possible." Daxon told to Jake making him understood what he is trying to say to him but Alexander didn't understood the double meaning hidden behind his words.