Chapter 39

🥀

Hazel raised her grey eyes meeting with his jet black eyes which were already looking at her with an unknown emotion waiting for her to let out all the emotions which she has bundled up till now inside her so she will feel relieved.

"I-it was my whole life. I felt like I'm hanging down a cliff always. Screaming at the top of my lungs asking for help but no one bothers to offer me a helping hand." this time Hazel felt a little confident and didn't stutter like always.

She felt an odd kind of protection and security in Daxon's presence which she never felt before. Like he will make everything fine and he will protect her no matter what. She felt like he will never going to betray her.

"I'm only here to help Sugar but you are not counting on me." this time Daxon said but the words were of Storm.

He is the one who wanting to say this line from a long time to her because he himself don't believe on Daxon, his human form. He knew how much wicked and cunning he can be but he will not let him play his dirty tricks with Hazel because he don't want his mate to be hurt in any way.

"Maybe because Alexander never taught me trust anyone. I'm sorry I can't trust you not now this fast. I can't trust no one." Hazel said sadly but deep down she trusts Daxon.

Not fully but his gentle side which was none other than Storm. But she was completely oblivious of this knowledge and the arrogant and cold side of his which she still don't like is Daxon himself. She knew he never hurted her but something dark in his presence makes her to run to the hills.

"Why?" Daxon asked her while raising his brow questionably.

"If I will tell you then you will tell that to Alexander, after all you all men prioritize you male ego first." Hazel says nervously not wanting to offend him and fidgeted with her fingers.

Storm wanted to scream and tell her that she is his first and only priority but here Daxon wanted to handle the situation in his way.

"I will not because if you will be my friend then I'll repay you and Alexander is not my friend but works for me and if you afraid of Alexander's minions then I will take care of them. You just have to be genuine with me and trust me only I can fix you." Daxon said to her softly making her hesitantly shook her head at him.

"B-but he is my husband and I have to honour him." Hazel said like an ideal wife who still won't contradict her husband, no matter what.

"He is evil, Sugar. He is cheating on you. I don't wanted to tell you and hurt you but I can't hide it anymore from you. I tried to give hint to you few days ago but you didn't heard me." he said playing the victim card so that she would believe him and practically Alexander was cheating on her.

"How can y-you say that about my husband?" Tears welled up in Hazel's grey eyes and he can also feel them leaking down behind her veil. Because Storm already feel connection with her and he knew what his mate would feel at different situations.

Daxon sighed sadly like he was so sad to tell her the truth but internally he was smirking evilly. "My men which accompanied Alexander to the battle field informed me about the dirty deeds he was doing there. I wanted to tell you immediately but I knew you wouldn't believe me." Daxon said slowly making tears to stream down her face.

Should she believe him or not? But why would he lie? It's not like he will get anything from lying. He is an almighty, rich and powerful Alpha. He had everything anyone can desire for and he can not have any reason for lying. But still Hazel wanted to keep the hope that Alexander will not cheat on her and Daxon's men would have misunderstood him.