Chapter 27

🥀

Daxon gazed at her in disbelief. How can she be okay with a man controlling her whole life? How can she like living while being suffocated and caged. Does she really not have any problem with it or she is lying because of some fear or pressure of Alexander. He should find out the real reason of her acceptance so he could hit her on the right nerve making her weak infront of him.

He moved his gaze to her necklace and then all the other accessories she was wearing. He turned confused he asked her for a dinner with him then why she is so ready like they were going to some kind of ball or party.

"You don't need to be dressed so much for a simple dinner." he pointed out while looking at her head to toe.

After hearing him Hazel felt self conscious and started shuffling at her place nervously. Daxon noticed it and understood that she took his words in a wrong way. He decided to clear himself not wanting her to think otherwise. He didn't knew himself why he felt a urge to be clean infront of her.

"I didn't mean it like that. I was just saying that there will be just you and me." he said coldly while looking at her intensely making her nod at him in return.

"Uh-huh Alexander always says I-I should wear them because they make me look e-expensive." Hazel said hesitantly not knowing why she felt uncomfortable while saying this because before it she always thought it was right what Alexander says.

"You are not a piece of thing and these non-living entities can't tell your worth, Sugar." he said a little softly hearing her words because she was indirectly degrading herself just because of that rogue Alexander's words. Once he will return then he will surely teach him a good lesson.

Hazel turned stunned hearing his words even if he said them coldly but nonetheless they were true and she also wanted to agree with him but if she will agree with him then she will put Alexander's words down and she can't do that to her own husband so she decided to remain quiet.

Daxon felt irritated watching that veil infront of her face. He wanted to snatch it away from her face and take a look at her beautiful face but she don't misses any chance of wearing that veil. Daxon moved a little closer to her making her stiffened at her place but she didn't moved her gaze upward and kept it on his shiny shoes.

"You don't need to wear this, take this down----" as Daxon was saying and extended his palm to snatch that veil away from her face but Hazel backed away immediately as soon as she get to know his intention.

She snapped her head towards him while her grey eyed widened in shock. If she wouldn't have backed away from him then her face would be revealed infront of him and if Alexander got to know this then god knows what he would have done to her.

"No! Alexander l-likes me hidden from the outer world and m-men." she said reluctantly in her defiance. So Daxon will not get upset of her rude action.

Daxon retracted his palm to his side and clutched his fists tightly because no one has denied his before but he controlled himself. "And may I know why is that?" he rasped in his cold and husky voice, his voice fell few octaves down making a chill ran to her spine.

"He says m-my beauty will capture eyes which c-can either be evil or cursed. So I'm not allowed to show my f-face to anyone and m-my beauty is only for h-him to see." Hazel explained to him truly what Alexander always says to her.

After hearing her Daxon scoffed mockingly making her startled. "It is just a trap of his words to keep you caged like a Rapunzel." he said with his authoritative voice making her almost believe at him.

"N-no it's not l-like that." Hazel denied to justify Alexander's action but deep down she was convinced herself but she can't let his mate down like that.

"So you tell me how will you justify his actions? Like saying these words with makes no sense?" Daxon rudely spat at her making her bewildered at his rough and cold voice more than usual. She was feeling like he was attacking at her with his words making tears welled up in her eyes. She is still so sensitive for his cruel behavior and rude words.

She remained silent again lowering her gaze on the floor. Daxon thought she was trying to run away from there reality and he can't let that happen because it will not be so good for his plan so he tried to manipulative her more.

"Why are so silent now? Don't have enough words for your rogue husband's actions?" Daxon sneered at her making her flinch at his aggressive behavior towards her.

A sob broke out from her lips making Daxon to snap back in reality. He realised he had gone too harsh on the poor woman. He never felt this guilty for hurting anyone before but when he heard her sob immediately guilt emerged in him. Storm growled at Daxon for making his mate cry and wanted to hurt Daxon like he had hurt his mate.

Storm took over him pushing his human mind back and his eyes immediately softened looking at his mate crying like a child. Hazel was hiccuping and sobbing while continuously wiping her tears from her face through her veil. He could feel her face becoming red of crying and her grey eyes were raining tears like a waterfall.

Storm took some slow and cautious steps towards her so she would not get scared of him. When he saw her inludged in her crying he slowly took her one hand in his making her actions to halt and she slowly looked at her with her teary grey eyes. If it was not to maintain his cold personality he would have almost cooed at her innocent face. He took her another hand also in his other hand and rubbed the back of her hands with his thumb pad trying to soothe her.

"I'm sorry Sugar I didn't intended to make you cry." Daxon apologized to her softly making her again sob out remembering how he used rude behaviour against her.

Watching her cry more and more Storm slowly took her closer to him and cradled her soft cheeks in her rough and big palm. He put her face in his chest and encircled his both arms around her caging her in his embrace. When she felt his warmth radiating through his chest, Hazel unintentionally snuggled her face in his chest getting lost in his warmth. She forgot what she was doing and felt like this was the warmth she was always craving for.

She felt like she is already familiar with this warmth of him and his soft action also made nostalgia hit her. But she didn't wanted to waste her moment in thinking all this and she closed her eyes in anticipation.

"Please forgive me Sugar. I didn't wanted to make you cry like that." Daxon again apologized to her making her nod at him slowly and snuggling in his chest more. It was so unfamiliar yet familiar for Hazel and she felt like to hide herself in his warmth from everyone in this world. She didn't wanted to let go his warmth and the homie feeling she was getting from him was like a imagination to her. She never every felt like this with Alexander.

But suddenly something clicked in her mind. What if Alexander get to know what is she doing with a stranger man? He will surely kill her. Her eyes widened in realization that what sin she is doing she immediately detached herself from Daxon and maintained a safe distance between them. Daxon confusingly looked at her but she cleared her throat softly.

"I -um I think we should go now." Hazel stammered out nervously and Daxon understood she again remembered something about Alexander and the thought of her thinking about Alexander made him angry he clenched his jaw and nodded at her. He felt so much rage bit decided to let it go for now.

*****************************

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤