[ 𝟬𝟭𝟳 ] love and care meets

tw none

tw none

⭐️ ⌜  マリちゃん  ⌟  ┈─❟

Mari happily sings a tune to herself as she marches down the hallways of her home, a beaming smile on her face at the thought of hanging out with her sister.

It's already late in the afternoon so that means Ema should be home already, maybe playing her zombie game with Juli watching. Floof should be there too since it was Ema's turn to take care of him while she was gone.

The thought of playing matured video games with her big sister fills her with glee. Her brothers wouldn't even let her watch or play anything scary, telling her that she can't sleep at night alone if that's the case.

(Which they weren't wrong at all. She watched a horror movie secretly, and let me tell you, Masaomi almost had a heart attack when he saw two small silhouttes at his door at three in the morning.)

The child sheepishly smiles at the thought.

She stops when she sees Natsume just outside of Tsubaki's room, his hand on the door handle and the other awkwardly hanging at his side. “Natsu-chii!” she squeals excitedly, running over to him. The man gives the child a small wave, his eyes softening when she comes closer.

“Did something happen?" Her curious eyes eye him up and down. "Why are you outside Tsu-chii's room?" Natsume looks at her for a moment before sighing and motioning his head towards Tsubaki's opened room.

Mari peeks her head in, seeing Tsubaki sleeping with the covers pulled up to his whole body. Her eyes gleam as she takes in her big brother, who was moving around the bed as if he was having a nightmare. Her brow furrows slightly as she turns her attention back to her other big brother “Is Tsu-chii scared of monsters in his dream?” The young girl tilts her head in curiosity.

Natsume sighs again, turning his head away from the little girl and looking anywhere but into her eyes. “He was just dreaming about a monster chasing him, I think. It doesn't matter though, don't worry about it." He tells her softly, trying to ease the tension building on her.

"Let's just sit down and wait for him to wake up."

***

"UWAH!"

Mari jumps at the sudden shout, quickly turning around in a defense position, the comics on her hands falling to the ground. She looks up and meets Tsubaki's awakening figure, blinking owlishly for a moment.

Natsume didn't even looked bothered at the sudden reaction of his brother, his hands still crossed while still sporting an unamused look.

"Natsume!" Tsubaki blinks at him in confusion. "Why is Natsume here?"

"Why? Of course, I came to see how you were doing." He replies, completely nonchalant. "Mari is only here for company, even though you were such a bad brother to her."