[ 𝟬𝟭𝟯 ] picture perfect

tw strict village, hiiro amagi time

⭐️ ⌜  マリちゃん  ⌟  ┈─❟

"Woohoo!"

Cherry Blossom petals fly into the air again as Mari and Floof jump on a pile of it. Squeaky laughs and barks filled the silent area. It was kinda relieving to hear something noisy in the quiet household.

"Again!" Mari shouts, running up to another pile with Floof, but ultimately gets stopped by Subaru picking her up.

"Mari, you know I'm cleaning." The basketball player scolds. It was true, it was his time to clean the front area. It was supposed to be easy but having a child and a dog playing with what you were supposed to sweep is kinda troublesome. "Go watch the pretty flowers that Iori planted."

Mari pouts but complies for once. "Alright! But you'll play volleyball with me, right?" She looks up with puppy eyes.

The boy felt his eye twitch. His heart felt constricted when his little sister wants to play volleyball rather than basketball, his sport. He blames the people that Mari had met that she got addicted to the said sport.

Subaru could only sigh. "I'll try, now go." He points at the flowers as Mari salutes to him. The cutie duo then ran to the flowerbeds with sparkling eyes, observing the flowers and maybe insects if they found one.

He shakes his head, a small smile forming on his face as he continues to sweep the petals.

His nerves for the upcoming game seem to vanish for the moment. Seeing his little sister happy makes him happier too. Even though she's only four, she always manages to cheer him up, or at least get him to do something productive and relaxing. It didn't matter whether it was watching anime or playing games with her. As long as she was happy and smiling and not sad, she's worth all that he has to put up with. That he loves with everything he got.

***

"So many..." Mari mumbles to herself, looking around the flowerbeds, hoping she'll find some sort of beauty hidden somewhere in them.

"Bark!"

"I know right!" The little girl nods. "Riri-chii said that flowers have meanings." She hums, reaching over a flower to pluck it out.

Floof seems alerted by this as he bit her sleeves trying to pull her hand away. "I just want a flower!" She pouts at the dog as she got a warning growl in return.

"Grrr!"

"You don't scare me, cotton ball."

The two glared at each other, sparks in between them. This is a war between the little girl and dog, no one can interfere with this one, even Masaomi. This is a battle to the death, no merc-