[ 𝟬𝟭𝟬 ] wedding dash

tw antique dolls, abandonment

⭐️ ⌜  マリちゃん  ⌟  ┈─❟

Soft. Warm. Safe.

That’s what Mari felt as her face was pressed into the soft pillow. Her hand reached out, touching the surface of her blanket before finding purchase and pulling it down to rest on her chest.

She breathed in slowly, her eyes fluttering shut at feeling the gentle rise and fall of the sheets under her fingertips. She couldn’t help but smile, enjoying the feeling of being surrounded by so many familiar scents and sensations for what seemed like hours.

Mari’s breathing became deeper, more rhythmic as she continued to drift off to sleep.

Suddenly, something nudged her foot, causing her head to shoot up and her small body to jolt back. It took her a moment to regain her bearings; when she finally did she saw the wedding invitation at her feet that Masaomi left for her.

She frowns at the sight.

The invitation was just given earlier. Their mom suddenly planning a surprise visit to give them their wedding invitations. Mari kept quiet about the whole thing seeing how her mother kept on talking with Ema. The frown was apparent on her face as she played with her food back at the table.

Is it because of the wedding? Or her new father? Now that she thinks about it, she hasn't met her new father after all.

Mari lets out a big sigh.

The door opens and closes with a slight squeak of protest. A hand reaches out to the her Mari gasping in surprise at the strange touch of her hair. The hand that reached out was softly caressing her head. The man chuckles.

Mari's eyes lit up with a gleam as a cheeky yet soothing voice said, "Oh? Mari Your still awake I see. I wonder how Masaomi will react."

Mari practically leaped from her bed into the stranger's arms as the tall figure laughed.

"Hika-chii!"

Floof could only jump up, spooked.

***

SHAKE SHAKE~

A quiet voice calls out to the family's youngest member, who is sound asleep. "Mari-chan." Mari whimpers while swiveling to the side and burying her face with her blanket.

Louis' gentle laugh fills the room as he gets up from the floor beside her dog and kneels down next to her bedside. He brushes the hair that covers Mari's eyes away and strokes her cheek gently. The little girl opens one eye slightly before letting it fall shut again as her brother rubs her back soothingly.

She leans into his touch, sighing in contentment when Louis continues to gently stroke her cheek. After a moment of silence, Mari mumbles something so quietly that Louis thinks he might not have heard. But after hearing it again, he smiles softly and whispers, "What was that?" Mari doesn't answer this time so Louis just repeats himself.