[ 𝟬𝟬𝟬 ] webnovel shenanigans

tw inso's law shenanigans

☀️ ⌜  マリちゃん  ⌟  ┈─❟

"-ria..."

"-aria!"

"ASAHINA MARIA!"

A young teenager jolts awake, immediately looking up seeing the teacher looking at her sternly. Mari looks around, noticing that she was in a classroom and her classmates were snickering or looking at her awestruck.

The teacher coughs, regaining her attention. "If you will just sleep in class and not learn anything, then you may go out."

She felt herself flush in embarrassment. Nodding to herself and the teacher, she just looks down at her desk with a pout.

Bright blue eyes then peer outside the window, watching the birds soar high without a sweat. Her eyes soften, reminiscing some of her childhood.

I miss Japan. She thinks to herself before her attention was then directed to her seatmate who was looking at her worriedly.

Mari tilts her head, surprised and confused. "Something wrong, Dan-ssi?" She whispers, not wanting to get scolded again.

Ham Dan-I, her best friend since, well forever! She was a cute teenager with short brown hair. Dan-I was actually one of the few people who liked her for her personality rather than her looks.

Nowadays, people only like those who were 'different' from the others. It was unfair to say at least but Mari respects their decision.

The latter looks at her dumbstruck, not answering her yet. The pinkette quirks up an eyebrow, worried to the max. Of course, who wouldn't? Their best friend was being weird this morning when she entered the classroom with three guys and not Ban Yeoryeong.

Ban Yeoryeong, her other best friend, who was overprotective over the two to say at least. When Mari first met her, she thought that she was looking at a goddess! She was hella pretty for Mari.

That made the bright girl self-conscious of herself but didn't say anything else.

But of course, Mari being the little sunshine she is, obliviously told this to the beauty that she was immediately bombarded with compliments.

Enough of that for now! Let's go back to Ham Dan-I and Mari.

"Dan-ssi?" The sunshine nudges her best friend again. The brunette flinches, smiling wryly at her. "It's nothing, Mari. Pay attention, okay?"