[ 𝟬𝟭𝟮 ] those who wander

tw arashi is stated as a 'he' and a 'boy' at first but will change after a few dialogues (arashi uses she/her and is a girl), bits of arashi's childhood, mentions of tsubaki and ema's crime

⭐️ ⌜ マリちゃん ⌟ ┈─❟

Mari, in all her life, had never been a quiet child. She would babble a lot to her brothers and playfully scream when she's being chased by Floof. Her brothers were used to it to the point that it would be unnerving when they don't hear any laughs or shouts at the ungodly hours of a sunrise.

It was different now though.

"Mari?"

"Hmm?"

Mari chose to just gaze at the tablet playing in front of her, her favorite show on it. Masaomi, who was sipping his tea and watching Mari with concern, was sitting directly next to her. It was worrisome seeing her not in the brightest mood so suddenly.

"Mari-chan," he placed a hand on top of her head, smoothing her hair, "are you okay?" He asks, worried.

The youngest sibling's behavior was new and nerve-wracking to look at after all. After Rintarou had dropped off Mari at their house, the child had been quiet, her eyes wide as if she had seen something new yet old at the same time. It had quite petrified Masaomi and Ukyo when Mari didn't even bother to greet them energetically as she had passed by them in the hallways earlier.

Mari hadn't noticed her change of behavior (that it scared some of her brothers). All in her mind was her big sister and Tsubaki kissing in the dark, by the river, just the two of them.

So that means Tsu-nii likes big sister? Her eyes widen, a spark igniting. Unrequited love?! A crime?!

Masaomi sweatdrops when he hadn't gotten an answer from the little girl. He frowns, wanting to know what's really on her mind. He had wanted to take care of his little sister since work was forcing him to stay away from her. Big brothers take care of their little siblings after all.

Although Mari was now peacefully watching the show, the patting of her hair continued as she began to progressively unwind nearby. It had been a long day after all - and she still needed some time to relax.

"Oh."

"What's wrong?" Tsubaki asks as Wataru peeks his head over the kitchen counter and Azusa turning his head to stare. "Big sister, did you hit your hand?" The little boy asks, worried.

Ema looks at them with a slight frown. "There aren't ingredients for dinner." She answers, albeit worried. "We also ran out of porridge."