[ 𝟬𝟬𝟰 ] starting of the signs

tw none

tw none

⭐️ ⌜ マリちゃん ⌟ ┈─❟

It was obvious that Mari was worn out from the events last night. Masaomi had went towards the living room to check up on Mari seeing she wasn't in her room yet. He was thankful that he had went to check up on her as he sees her running around the living room with a squirrel in her hands, Floof following her, Iori and the twins trying to stop her, and Subaru and Ema cleaning up the mess that the child had caused.

It was a mess. A chaotic mess.

The doctor almost fainted at the sight of Mari doing such reckless things.

In the end, all of them got lectured when Masaomi called on Ukyo. Mari especially. Thankfully, she wasn't grounded.

"Mari."

The said girl yawns sleepily. Masaomi smiles, trying to shake her awake. "Wake up, Mari. Time for school." She scowls, swatting the hand away, almost hitting his face.

Masaomi dodges with a sigh, "Aren't you excited to play with your friends?" With the prospect of having more playtime with her friends today, the girl jumps awake.

"Right! Right! I promised Takuma and Kazuma we will play!!" Mari excitedly exclaims, putting a fist up in the air.

"Hai Hai. Let's get you ready, ne?" Masaomi picks up the girl to get her ready.

Floof tilted his head up, observing the interaction before sleeping again.

***

Maosomi smiles as he ruffles Mari's wet hair with a towel. The small girl relaxing at the soothing action. Maybe it's time to break the news from last night to her. There was a reason why he was late to check up on her anyway.

"Mari."

"Hmm?"

"You'll be having a new friend soon." Mari perks up at that, suddenly curious on the idea of having a new friend. Masaomi smiles, taking a hairbrush from the table to gently comb through the wet hair. "I met him along with his caretaker last week at the Hospit. He's your age." He continues, "He's a rather timid kid too so I hope you'll get along well with him."

Masaomi placed down the hairbrush, standing up to get her outfit for the day. Maybe I should also teach her Kansai dialect? Hmm.

Mari blinks.

"Is he going to school with me then, Ma-chi?"