[ 𝟬𝟬𝟴 ] adventure time

tw none

tw none

⭐️ ⌜ マリちゃん ⌟ ┈─❟

FEW WEEKS LATER

"Mika-chi!"

Mari gasps in excitement, letting go of Tsubaki's hand as she runs over to her best friend. Mika almost stepping back at her speed, but nonetheless opens his arms to welcome her beaming figure.

"Nikkō-chan!"

(The nickname wasn't anything new at all now. It had became quite stuck on the both of them when Mika had seen her smile shine under the sunlight).

Ema and Yuusuke looks at them in curiousity, one with a smile and the other with a frown. The both of them knew how Mari's such a social butterfly, but she doesn't let them touch her quite casually. It was the first time they have seen her run up to someone to hug them.

Yuusuke looks at them in horror. "I-is that her boyfriend?!" Ema could only look at him with an incredulous look. "I have to tell Masa-nii about this!"

A laugh cuts in their conversation. Both of them jump as they turn around to see an old man smiling at them. His smile is genuine, and he holds out his hands slightly as if he has the answer to the question that was on both of their minds.

He then points at the small children with a fond glint in his eyes. "So, you're one of her brothers." Yuusuke didn't say anything, albeit still shocked at his appearance. "You can call me Oyaji. The owner of the grocery store your Masaomi frequents too."

He then turns to Ema with a smile. "It's nice to see you again, Ema-san."

"H-hai! I-It's nice to see you too, Oyaji-san!"

Something seems to align in the boy's mind as he points at the old man in realization. "Ah, your that grandpa that took care of Masa-nii when he was a child!"

Oyaji could only chuckle. "Yes. And it seems it runs in the family once again as I sometimes take care of Asahina-chan when she visits."

"Ah." Ema nods in understanding, knowing the hardships the siblings had to face when dealing with the youngest sibling. "Thank you for taking care of Mari-chan." In gratitude, she bows in front of the old man.

Oyaji waves him off. "I don't mind. I like taking care of her." His eyes then drifts over to Mika getting tugged inside the school. "Ah, I'm happy that Asahina-chan accepted Mika as a friend. I was worried that he'll be all alone."

Speaking of Mari, Yuusuke and Ema turns to look back at the kids with frantic eyes. They could only gape in shock when they don't see their little figures anymore. The doors of the school were now closed. "Eh?!"