[ 𝟬𝟬𝟬 ] i'm my father's daughter

tw losing a dad

tw losing a dad

☀️ ⌜ マリちゃん ⌟ ┈─❟

A father.

Mari was familiar with the word but she didn't really know what's the meaning behind that said word. She would try and ask her brothers about it but they would either avoid the question or change the topic immediately.

There were days where she would watch shows where a happy family with three siblings, a father and a mother with wizard powers go through life together. She would always enjoy the scenes where the father teaches his kids about magic.

She wants to experience having a father. Or even meet her real father.

What's it like to have a father? She always questions either Floof or herself.

***

"Wow! Riri-chii is a great gardener!" Mari jumps up and down in excitement as she looks around the whole garden where Iori is always at. The grey-haired boy chuckles softly before bending down in front of the child.

"Hmm." Iori hums before pointing to one of the flower beds. "And I have a task for you, Mari." At that, the child's eyes sparkled in delight.

"YAY! A mission! I'm Agent 606, ready to fight against humanity!" Mari did a cute pose. Floof, who was beside them, just huffs through his nose.

"606?" Iori tilts his head confused. Mari blinks before nodding. "I got it from a game from Nana-chii!"

Iori felt his lips twitched before he sighed softly. He needs to talk to his orange-haired brother by giving this girl more complicated ideas.

Iori shakes his head before looking at the flower beds again. "Your mission is to get every pretty flower you see but only a maximum of 3, okay?" Iori explains as he held up 3 fingers as emphasis. Mari saluted as she also brought up 3 fingers. "3 flowers! Roger that!"

At that, the child immediately runs up to the flower beds. Iori then looks at his side, seeing Floof looking at him with a tilted head. He smiles grimly at that, patting the dog's head softly.

"Protect Mari, okay? Please."

***

Chrysanthemums and Lillies.

Those were the pretty flowers that Mari picked. Iori almost grimaces at the sight of the said flowers but he didn't dare say anything. Instead, he smiles and gestures for them to go inside.

Mari smiles happily as she places some flowers on Floof's strapped back so he could carry some and to make himself more beautiful. (said by stylist Maria Asahina) Much to Floof's dismay.

As the both of them walk down the stairs with Iori, ever so often, helping Mari walk down the stairs, they heard soft surprised mutters. Mari tilts her head as she felt goosebumps riding up her skin.

"Eh?"

She lets go of Iori's hand before she peaks her head to the side and saw her Ma-chii sporting a serious look as he talks to Ema. Her eyes then maneuvered to the other brothers, as they also sported serious looks. She was happy when she counted all 13 of them with her big sister.

Why so serious? Mari looks up in thought before she shakes her head and just runs up to Masaomi with a happy grin. "Ma-chii!"

The eldest almost jumps in surprise as a small ball of fluff with a bunch of flowers in her arms, suddenly jumps in his arms. "Mari." He states out with a surprised tone.

Mari looks up with a big smile and giggle. "Hehe! Lookie lookie!" She held up the flowers and also pointed at Floof. "Mission is accomplished! Riri-chii's mission is finished!" She blabbers out.

Masaomi looks at Iori, who was leaning on the wall with a small smile. Masaomi smiles sadly at him as the 10th son just looks away with his arms now crossed.

"Are you proud, Ma-chii?" The question resonates all over the room. Ema and Juli watches as the room suddenly turns a little bit melancholic.

***

"Are you proud of being an older brother again?" A man in his late 40s say as he looks at the 12 brothers plus a toddler Wataru. The man was holding a clothed baby, a girl - a healthy baby girl.

Miwa smiles softly as she watches her husband and her sons watch the small baby sleep peacefully.

"Maria. Her name will be Maria Asahina."

***

"Hmm. I'm proud, Mari."