[ 𝟬𝟬𝟬 ] being sick sucks

tw mari is sick

tw mari is sick

☀️ ⌜  マリちゃん  ⌟  ┈─❟

Loud sniffles and pained whines echoed around the small room, the youngest boy of the family flinching at the unfamiliar sound from his young sister.

"Ne, will little sister be okay?" He asks, deeply worried when he saw tears escaping from her eyes. He hasn't seen this side of Mari. She was always the lucky-go-one after all, not this sad sickly child.

Masaomi smiles reassuringly, continuing to check up on Mari as Ema holds her in her arms to make her stay still. "She'll be fine soon, Wataru. She just has a fever and a slight cough." He says, taking the thermometer out of her armpits before frowning at the numbers.

38.3°C

Masaomi then looks back at Mari who sniffles at him, wiping away her tears with her sleeves. "I told you not to play in the rain, Maria." He softly scolds. The child could only look down solemnly, feeling albeit bad about her actions.

It wasn't her fault that the puddles were so tempting to play with! And besides, her Tsu-chii allowed her to play when Masaomi didn't allow it. Once Masaomi had to leave for work, she took the chance to play in the rain.

Sadly, she was spotted by Ema and Ukyo when they had tried to find her for lunch. Which also lead to her and Tsubaki being scolded by the second oldest and her getting sick.

It was a normal day for her. She guessed. Except for the getting sick part.

Ema nervously laughs, placing a hand on Mari's head when the said child covered her mouth and gagged. "Are you okay?"

Mari immediately shakes her head, abruptly standing up on the bed, hands still covering her mouth when she tried to jump off the bed that successfully failed.

Masaomi almost shrieked in fear when her leg slipped from the bed, immediately catching her in his arms.

"Maria!" He scolds.

Mari ignores him, wiggling around to loosen his grip on her. The bile on her throat threatening to come out soon.

Sensing something wrong, Masaomi immediately goes to the bathroom, setting her on the sink as soon as the bile escapes from her throat.

He gave a sympathetic smile, soothingly patting her back as he holds back her hair. "Ahh, it seems worse than I thought." He mumbles. "Time to go to the hospital then."

Mari's eyes snap open at the God-forsaken word. She shivers, already imagining the smell of alcohol and the natural Hospital smell.

Darn it.

Back at her room, Wataru clings unto Ema, scarred at what was happening. He never saw something like this before, he shivers when he hears the puking noises of his little sister. I regret it here.

Ema could only comfort him, not knowing what was on his mind at all. "Hope Mari-chan would be okay soon."

"Y-yeah..."